The 53: Player, Roster, & Acquisitions Talk

Mind Character

35 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

What happens if kindred is better than peppers? What do we do with peppers? He can’t play corner. He can’t play FS. We have 2 high priced LBs and a pro bowler so we don’t have room for him there. Maybe try him at RB? Returner? Although callaway and Berry might take that job. 

i dont think we'll have to worry about that.  when he did play by the LOS in the last week he had his best game (got his first INT), was one of the best 5 players for the browns that week:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-pittsburgh-steelers-28-cleveland-browns-24.  he's also way more athletically talented than Kindred.  

randall and peppers i think are gonna be pretty damn good together.

8 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i dont think we'll have to worry about that.  when he did play by the LOS in the last week he had his best game (got his first INT), was one of the best 5 players for the browns that week:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-pittsburgh-steelers-28-cleveland-browns-24.  he's also way more athletically talented than Kindred.  

Yes. 

Along with improved corner backs our secondary is going to be a lot better. 

If we can stop the run well like last year, and if our secondary improves a lot we are going to have a legit defense this year. 

I don't see why Tyrod can't take us to the playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Well, per your link. Peppers's best game was a 79.6, the problem is Kindred's whole year PFF average is 82.1. So basically, Pepper's best still wasn't better Kindred's best and you could argue that the 79.1 could have been inflated because of his Int

53 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

What happens if kindred is better than peppers? What do we do with peppers? He can’t play corner. He can’t play FS. We have 2 high priced LBs and a pro bowler so we don’t have room for him there. Maybe try him at RB? Returner? Although callaway and Berry might take that job. 

Hard to validate your position on the roster if you don't excel in any particular area.

12 minutes ago, mistakey said:

I don’t put much stock into the last game of the year. Landry Jones was the QB. The Steelers just wanted to get out of that game healthy. 

Kindred is no slouch. He was one of our highest rated players all year. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I strongly feel Jamie Collins is gone next year. He needs to have a fantastic year. Peppers would fill in for him.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Right now, I'd love to have 2 of the following 4 position groups ABSOLUTELY SET going forward (aside from QB obviously):

*WR

*OL

*DT

*DB

If you told me that 2 of those 4 groups were VERY legit and that we had our legit QBOTF in Mayfield, I'd be absolutely pumped.

I feel very confidently that WR and CB have been addressed and shall be fine. However, we most definitely need help at DT and o-line.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

I feel very confidently that WR and CB have been addressed and shall be fine. However, we most definitely need help at DT and o-line.

I'm moderately confident. I'm confident in the CB position, so I made it a broader "DB" position group, because I'm not sold on FS or SS to be honest. As for the WR group, Coleman has a lot to prove, Gordon is clean for the first time in who knows how long, and Calloway is a wildcard. I do like Landry though. The interior OL is nice for us on paper, but the OT's are another question mark.

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I strongly feel Jamie Collins is gone next year. He needs to have a fantastic year. Peppers would fill in for him.

Collins is going to have to be mighty disruptive to be on the team next year. 

That said I don't see Peppers as a replacement for him. Collins is a 240lb strong side linebacker. Peppers isn't that.

I think Peppers will be our Keanu Neal. Patrolling close to the line and thumping wr's and rb's.

Everyone arguing Kindred as if he wasn't even worse than Peppers his rookie season like Peppers cannot make the same leap.

Also, before last year Williams used 3 safeties more than anyone in the NFL and even last year we have 3 safeties on the field a lot.

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

Agree 100%.  I think our safeties will be among the best in the league moving forward.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I'm moderately confident. I'm confident in the CB position, so I made it a broader "DB" position group, because I'm not sold on FS or SS to be honest. As for the WR group, Coleman has a lot to prove, Gordon is clean for the first time in who knows how long, and Calloway is a wildcard. I do like Landry though. The interior OL is nice for us on paper, but the OT's are another question mark.

I understand your concern over our WRs. However, I honestly feel Green Bay made a stupid decision giving us Randall for basically Kizer. I have confidence he will thrive at FS.

Just now, candyman93 said:

I understand your concern over our WRs. However, I honestly feel Green Bay made a stupid decision giving us Randall for basically Kizer. I have confidence he will thrive at FS.

Don't get me wrong, I like Randall, but I guess I see things like this:

CB, Ward: Very confident

CB, not Ward: I think that they'll be average

FS, Randall: Cautiously optimistic. His own teammates couldn't stand him. That sometimes speaks volumes

SS, Peppers: I didn't like his game coming from UM, but I'm giving him a fresh slate this year. I hope that he's solid if he's used as a traditional box safety, but if they try to use him in the slot, he'll get roasted.

SS, Kindred: Meh...he's ok.

Archived