The 53: Player, Roster, & Acquisitions Talk

Mind Character

12 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If it came down to Vitale or Dayes who would we keep?

Vitale 100 times out of 100.

I've been watching all 3 games, and it seems like the lead blocker is killing our running attack, I think it will help when we have a real FB back in the game (obviously not every play).

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Corbett hasn't had any centre reps though. 

It is a forum projection rather than receiving any traction from berea. 

We need a reserve centre it probably shouldn't be a starter our line has received too much shifting around already 

Evidently, this Watford guy that we just signed has some (?) experience at center.  We may have to keep Reiter if we can't find anyone better, but my hope is that they find a versatile backup that has a decent amount of experience at center.  Maybe Watford is that guy.

24 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Evidently, this Watford guy that we just signed has some (?) experience at center.  We may have to keep Reiter if we can't find anyone better, but my hope is that they find a versatile backup that has a decent amount of experience at center.  Maybe Watford is that guy.

I hope we replace the entire second string OL except Harrison 

3 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Why though? Zane has done nothing but prove he can handle the job.

Idk I just feel like if they could get a more established kicker they might want to go that route. I hope they stick with Zane tho

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Idk I just feel like if they could get a more established kicker they might want to go that route. I hope they stick with Zane tho

Yeah I do too.  We are a young team, no one is assuming Superbowl yet.  Zane has impressed me with his leg.  His rookie year, early, he missed a few kicks he should have made, but I'm looking forward to us developing him and hopefully having a kicker for a long time.  Its never good when a team is constantly looking for one instead of just sticking with one guy

19 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Yeah I do too.  We are a young team, no one is assuming Superbowl yet.  Zane has impressed me with his leg.  His rookie year, early, he missed a few kicks he should have made, but I'm looking forward to us developing him and hopefully having a kicker for a long time.  Its never good when a team is constantly looking for one instead of just sticking with one guy

He started off the year poorly but seemed to get better as the season went on. I'm all for sticking with Zane. Plus, he only got to attempt 20 kicks, which was one of the lowest in the league.

44 minutes ago, DawgX said:

He started off the year poorly but seemed to get better as the season went on. I'm all for sticking with Zane. Plus, he only got to attempt 20 kicks, which was one of the lowest in the league.

If the pre-season is any indications I don't see that getting better.

After Zane NAILS a 53 yarder from the Philadelphia 36, we decide to go for it on 4th and 4 from the 38, which I can understand the aggressiveness so I get that, but at the end of the half, with 4 seconds left, we would rather attempt a terrible slant play that has no chance of getting us points than the free 59 yard field goal attempt from the 42 when a touchdown can still EASILY beat us as we have only 5 points, then later in the game from the Philadelphia 38 we punt the ball away instead of attempting the 55 yard field goal.  Now I know these are all long attmepts, but in the middle of a "field goal kicker battle" in the pre-season, I'm not sure why you don't attempt one or two of these when your kicker has proven he has the leg and the accuracy early in the game.

Archived