The 53: Player, Roster, & Acquisitions Talk

Mind Character

4 hours ago, Jaytrajik said:

You guys just picked up my nephew D'juan Hines. He's a smart kid with a good head on his shoulders. Loves the sport and will work his *** off for you guys. Im so proud of him, all he's ever wanted to do was play in the NFL since he was a kid. He might not have the most talent but he has a heart of gold and damn good work ethic. Mayfield had me rooting for the Browns this year but now this just solidifies it. Good luck on the season guys. 

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Give him our best wishes and congratulations from the Dawg Pound.

He's already accomplished a great deal by earning the rare opportunity to be on the 53-man roster of an NFL team.

Even if he doesn't stick on our roster (hopefully he does but such is life in the NFL), he sounds like a awesome kid, here's to hoping success and positivity finds him.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns signed linebacker D'Juan Hines off the Chargers practice squad on Saturday and waived defensive lineman Ifeadi Odenigbo, the team announced.

Hines, 6-foot-1 and 235 pounds, signed with the Chargers as an undrafted free agent out of Houston. The rookie spent training camp with the Chargers before landing on their practice squad.

Odenigbo was a waiver claim from the Vikings following the league's roster cutdown to 53. He was inactive for all three games the Browns have played this season.

Kicker Greg Joseph had some terrible makes against the Jets in terms of how he hit the ball and the ball placement accuracy.

The miss hits and poor accuracy weren't just on FGs but also on KOs

I have a feeling we're going to have to replace him at some point in the near future.

Hopefully he can get it together and improve.

The best thing he had going for him was that the bad balls were makes and not misses, but kickers aren't just graded pass-fail, make-miss, but also on the quality of their kicks.

He's got to step up because we're going to need a quality kicker.

our drafting is working out better than San Fran and the jets. 

The 9ers line was low impact vs the cheifs despite 3-4 high picks on the line. Ogunjobi is out playing a couple of their top guys. With myles it is a wash. 

Also jimmy g is down for the season. 

Then the jet have drafted Leonard William's and I hardly noticed him Thursday and Jamal Adam's is only a ss.

If Baker is who we think he is and the rest of our young players keep prerormi g things will get hot.

17 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Not sure if serious.... :/

Why wouldn’t I be?

One gets doubled, the other singled.  This is why Ogunjobi is flashing so much (in part, obviously he’s winning the one on ones).

One of these dudes is the guy opposing offenses are game planning for, the other is the benefactor of such game plans.

You either can see this and are being obtuse or are missing something fairly obvious.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why wouldn’t I be?

One gets doubled, the other singled.  This is why Ogunjobi is flashing so much (in part, obviously he’s winning the one on ones).

One of these dudes is the guy opposing offenses are game planning for, the other is the benefactor of such game plans.

You either can see this and are being obtuse or are missing something fairly obvious.

That's such a small part of the game, though. He isn't double teamed every play. 

Believe me I'm with you on how awesome Garrett is. He's becoming an elite pass rusher. Ogunjobi has been absolutely devastating in the run game on top of his 3 sacks this year too, though. He's leading the league in tackles for loss. Scary part is they're yet to reach their potential.

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

That's such a small part of the game, though. He isn't double teamed every play. 

Believe me I'm with you on how awesome Garrett is. He's becoming an elite pass rusher. Ogunjobi has been absolutely devastating in the run game on top of his 3 sacks this year too, though. He's leading the league in tackles for loss. Scary part is they're yet to reach their potential.

Yeah. I don't know if we need to argue about which of the 10's is hotter when they're both interested in us.

Archived