The 53: Player, Roster, & Acquisitions Talk

Mind Character

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Coached up huh?

I hear you...

It's a great phrase, but it is really hard to quantify from the outside looking in at only the outcome.

Did Al Saunders forget how to coach and coach poorly when Ricardo Louis, Bryce Treggs, Kasen Williams, and Kenny Britt were trash?

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How does one quantify the quality of coaching with young, inexperienced players from the outside looking in?

Does good outcomes and good players' play mean there's good coaching?

Does bad outcomes and bad players' play mean there's bad coaching?

Is there such a thing as good coaching and bad play by players?

Is there such a thing as bad coaching and good play by players? If yes, how can we tell the difference?

To this point, our WR coach Adam Henry hasn't "coached up" Antonio Callaway or Damion Ratley successfully despite being known to be an excellent coach...

Coaches of course have to do a better job, but the players have to step up. These issues by Callaway and others are more on them in my opinion. They need to step up.

8 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I hear you...

It's a great phrase, but it is really hard to quantify from the outside looking in at only the outcome.

Did Al Saunders forget how to coach and coach poorly when Ricardo Louis, Bryce Treggs, Kasen Williams, and Kenny Britt were trash?

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How does one quantify the quality of coaching with young, inexperienced players from the outside looking in?

Does good outcomes and good players' play mean there's good coaching?

Does bad outcomes and bad players' play mean there's bad coaching?

Is there such a thing as good coaching and bad play by players?

Is there such a thing as bad coaching and good play by players? If yes, how can we tell the difference?

To this point, our WR coach Adam Henry hasn't "coached up" Antonio Callaway or Damion Ratley successfully despite being known to be an excellent coach...

Coaches of course have to do a better job, but the players have to step up. These issues by Callaway and others are more on them in my opinion. They need to step up.

So that was a joke.... ? 

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:27 PM, Mind Character said:

For the love of all thing that is good, Please do not put TJ Carrie on Desean Jackson... let Tavierre Thomas do it.. he can't be any worse...

I'd put Ward on Jackson. It's a mismatch putting him on Evans with the difference in size. Double team Evans, who Winston has better chemistry with that Jackson. It's not really a favorable matchup for us either way, but we gotta pick our poison, and Jackson would burn Carrie til he melts.

30 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I'd put Ward on Jackson. It's a mismatch putting him on Evans with the difference in size. Double team Evans, who Winston has better chemistry with that Jackson. It's not really a favorable matchup for us either way, but we gotta pick our poison, and Jackson would burn Carrie til he melts.

Eh, Jackson is a threat over the top, which rolling a safety would prevent.

Id make sure there’s deep help with DeSean and make them throw at Ward v Evans. Evans isn’t running away from Ward and Ward should be able to compete well enough.

Archived