The 53: Player, Roster, & Acquisitions Talk

Mind Character

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

If there is a good skill player I'd take him.

If Baker and tuhrod go down Stanton ain't saving us.

oh the season would be lost but he can still at least run the offense and potentially still let others get good reps if its in practice in games. 

Also depending on how the offensive talent and offensive line develop and gel together, Stanton might be able to keep things together. 

Stanton could easily play like Hoyer did in '14. Dude had a decent amount of success for the Cardinals when he had to come in and play when the starter was lost. 

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

oh the season would be lost but he can still at least run the offense and potentially still let others get good reps if its in practice in games. 

Also depending on how the offensive talent and offensive line develop and gel together, Stanton might be able to keep things together. 

Stanton could easily play like Hoyer did in '14. Dude had a decent amount of success for the Cardinals when he had to come in and play when the starter was lost. 

I may be wrong but I think Stanton is like 10-6 or 11-6 as a starter in his career. I get wanting to open up the roster spot for another position but Stanton shouldn't go anywhere he's to valuable to baker and that qb room and I believe would be able to still won us a few games this year if needed. 

On 8/26/2018 at 2:05 AM, BaYArEa32 said:

I may be wrong but I think Stanton is like 10-6 or 11-6 as a starter in his career. I get wanting to open up the roster spot for another position but Stanton shouldn't go anywhere he's to valuable to baker and that qb room and I believe would be able to still won us a few games this year if needed. 

Yeah he should be huge in helping Taylor prepare for game day as well as helping develop Baker day to day. 

On 8/26/2018 at 2:05 AM, BaYArEa32 said:

Forget his record. He’s not winning us any games. If he ever plays a snap we’re doomed. He’s here strictly to be a gloried qb coach. 

17 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Forget his record. He’s not winning us any games. If he ever plays a snap we’re doomed. He’s here strictly to be a gloried qb coach. 

Why couldn’t he win us any games? Went 3-1 last year and ended the year beating a good Seattle team that would have made the playoffs if they would have beaten a Stanton lead Cardinals team. 

Yeah he is a glorified QB coach for us but he is nothing like the browns past 3rd string QBs. He isn’t a Ken Dorsey/Conner Shaw/ Thad Lewis type of 3rd string QB. 

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Why couldn’t he win us any games? Went 3-1 last year and ended the year beating a good Seattle team that would have made the playoffs if they would have beaten a Stanton lead Cardinals team. 

Yeah he is a glorified QB coach for us but he is nothing like the browns past 3rd string QBs. He isn’t a Ken Dorsey/Conner Shaw/ Thad Lewis type of 3rd string QB. 

I don't know about winning games, but he wont go in and lose a game for us. If the plan is to start Tyrod for the full year, I actually like turning to Stanton in situations where Tyrod might have to come off for a couple plays or a series. I would rather not have Baker run in for a play, hand it off, and run off.

Just my opinion, but I think Stanton is important to the QB room.

I don't know why there is so much support one direction in this conversation; I will say that we are definitely in big trouble if Stanton starts, and he very well will lose us some games if he starts. He's not Alex Smith. He's not even Josh McCown. He's here to mentor Baker. That's it. JMO 

6 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I don't know why there is so much support one direction in this conversation; I will say that we are definitely in big trouble if Stanton starts, and he very well will lose us some games if he starts. He's not Alex Smith. He's not even Josh McCown. He's here to mentor Baker. That's it. JMO 

I completely agree. He was brought in to help baker and Tyrod. Goal was for him to never see the field. If he does, it means Tyrod and Baker are both out but we’re acting like he is one of the worst QBs in the league. He prolly could of helped this team win at least two games last year if he was the starter. 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I completely agree. He was brought in to help baker and Tyrod. Goal was for him to never see the field. If he does, it means Tyrod and Baker are both out but we’re acting like he is one of the worst QBs in the league. He prolly could of helped this team win at least two games last year if he was the starter. 

Even that to me is a big maybe. I'd take Kessler personally. But no one could have played worse than Kizer, that is true.

• Saturday … Berea, Ohio. The great gold rush begins in the football offices of the Browns. By virtue of their sparking 0-16 record last year, the Browns are first in the waiver-priority system, and so they’ll have first dibs on an incredible number of waived players. Up to 1,184 players (32 teams, up to 37 players per team, depending on how many men get placed in injured-reserve or other restricted lists) will be dumped by 4 p.m. ET on this day, and the John Dorsey scouting crew will have 20 hours to decided which ones they want to claim to be on Cleveland’s 53-man roster. After Cleveland, the other 31 teams get their picks, in inverse order of the 2017 standings. Teams have till noon ET Sunday to make claims.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/27/seattle-seahawks-nfl-camp-tour-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

Archived