The 53: Player, Roster, & Acquisitions Talk

Mind Character

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Sashi was his worst enemy. Haslam watching Goff Wentz and Watson last year was his biggest down fall. Haslam saw those QBs and then saw the likes of RGIII Kessler and Kizer be brought in. QB driven league. no rebuild plans starts with, “in the 3rd year we will have the #1 pick and get he QB we finally want”. Being a rookie GM you don’t have the sway or track record to do what he did. Sashi carried his own shovel.

We know of sachi mistakes through a retrospective look. We haven't had the chance to do the same with Dorsey yet. 

Maybe Baker is the worst QB of the top 4 taken and aw should of taken allen and this is the consensus in 2020. Who knows. 

At the time dachis moves made as much or more sense tha  dorsey's. We have to let the pot boil longer on Dorseys moves before we can fairly compare them. 

We have already seen two possible misses from Dorseys draftwith Corbett over Hernandez, and Chad Thomas over the rest of the draft. But let's give it time 

7 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Would you rather nick chubb and Chad or aj? 

Easy answer.

Not as easy as you think. If sashi made the trade and hue finally got AJ and still went winless without him then jimmy may have decided to fire him since he got his guy and would have no excuses. So is giving up a 2nd worth firing hue? That makes the decision a little closer. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Not as easy as you think. If sashi made the trade and hue finally got AJ and still went winless without him then jimmy may have decided to fire him since he got his guy and would have no excuses. So is giving up a 2nd worth firing hue? That makes the decision a little closer. 

Chubb, Chad, hue, Dorsey or Aj sachi and mystery coach who is probably pretty crap as well. 

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

We know of sachi mistakes through a retrospective look. We haven't had the chance to do the same with Dorsey yet. 

Maybe Baker is the worst QB of the top 4 taken and aw should of taken allen and this is the consensus in 2020. Who knows. 

At the time dachis moves made as much or more sense tha  dorsey's. We have to let the pot boil longer on Dorseys moves before we can fairly compare them. 

We have already seen two possible misses from Dorseys draftwith Corbett over Hernandez, and Chad Thomas over the rest of the draft. But let's give it time 

Sashi moves made as much or more sense than the moves Dorsey has made? GTFO

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

At the time, son.

At the time of what? 

Trading down is a better move like sashi did instead of taking a top tier player like Dorsey?

what examples has sashi done a better job than Dorsey. Sashi did some good but Dorsey is doing better. Yea Dorsey was left a good situation but what Dorsey has done, it’s something Sashi wouldn’t have come too. I’m not surprised by it because Dorsey built one of the best FOs in the NFL to help him

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

At the time of what? 

At the time of the time 

Trading down is a better move like sashi did instead of taking a top tier player like Dorsey?

Generally it is the better move.

what examples has sashi done a better job than Dorsey. Sashi did some good but Dorsey is doing better. Yea Dorsey was left a good situation but what Dorsey has done, it’s something Sashi wouldn’t have come too. I’m not surprised by it because Dorsey built one of the best FOs in the NFL to help him

I think Dorsey would of had a better off season  than Sachi would of this last one. No way in hell takes us from farmer to the talent level we have now.

17 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

At the time of the time 

Generally it is the better move.

I think Dorsey would of had a better off season  than Sachi would of this last one. No way in hell takes us from farmer to the talent level we have now.

What times are we trying to comparing? The time they both go hired? There first FA? What?

To me it’s generally a better move when  good teams are picking high. Like the Cowboys in ‘15. They should have traded down but Zeke was too good to pass up. When you are a team that lacks any true elite talented player because of the years of trade downs. You need to stay put. I

I agree no way Dorsey takes us to the talent level we have now if he took over for Farmer but the team would have had a lot better talent after that first year. I believe Dorsey would have done the same thing he did this year and in KC if he took over after Farmer and it would be to trade for a legit NFL QB. Hell i think Tyrod would have been the right QB for a hue lead offense than a Haley lead offense. Hue and Haley use the QBs completely different

26 minutes ago, buno67 said:

What times are we trying to comparing? The time they both go hired? There first FA? What?

The moves in context.

To me it’s generally a better move when  good teams are picking high. Like the Cowboys in ‘15. They should have traded down but Zeke was too good to pass up. When you are a team that lacks any true elite talented player because of the years of trade downs. You need to stay put.

I dont envy the boys. Even Sachi agrees with the theory that you put forward st some point you need players.

I agree no way Dorsey takes us to the talent level we have now if he took over for Farmer but the team would have had a lot better talent after that first year. I believe Dorsey would have done the same thing he did this year and in KC if he took over after Farmer and it would be to trade for a legit NFL QB. Hell i think Tyrod would have been the right QB for a hue lead offense than a Haley lead offense. Hue and Haley use the QBs completely different

It's great that Dorsey is your religion. No tha is on that kool aid though 

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

The moves in context.

I dont envy the boys. Even Sachi agrees with the theory that you put forward st some point you need players.

It's great that Dorsey is your religion. No tha is on that kool aid though 

Of course. He is our savior! Just need him to sacrifice Hue (kill him as our HC). 

Its hard to not view him as that when he has already found us a franchise QB Franchise Corner, franchise LT ( I’m very high on Harrison and love his growth so far) a legit edge rusher, a legit starting WR in just a single rookie class. Then made huge moves into turning Kizer into one of the better FS right now, acquired Landry in what looks like a very one sided trade for the Browns.  

Ppl love Dorsey, specially me because he has been about that action. Sashi was wait and see. Let’s and wait and see how this goes, Let’s wait and see how that goes. If your best move was botching a trade attemp, it shows it wasn’t the great tenure

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

Sashi was his worst enemy. Haslam watching Goff Wentz and Watson last year was his biggest down fall. Haslam saw those QBs and then saw the likes of RGIII Kessler and Kizer be brought in. QB driven league. no rebuild plans starts with, “in the 3rd year we will have the #1 pick and get he QB we finally want”. Being a rookie GM you don’t have the sway or track record to do what he did. Sashi carried his own shovel.

I’ll give you a solid maybe on this.

If Hue’s own words are to be believed, he had a huge say in the QB’s.  

They didn’t move up for Goff.  That could be viewed as on Sashi.  I’d argue they had little to no talent then and would have even less assets after moving a bunch for Goff.  We may have our QB, but he’d have been put in a terrible situation, no picks, no talent.

Same applies to a lesser degree for Wentz.  I still won’t beat up a GM for not going all in on a 24 year old D2 QB who only started 2 years at number 2 overall with their first pick as a GM. It was the equivalent of going all in on the first hand of a poker game. Hue wasn’t enamored with him either and didn’t think he was worth the pick.

Hue didn’t want Watson by all accounts, he wanted Hooker for Greggggg.  Why would Sashi take a QB his QB “guru” coach didn’t want?

It’s just mind numbing how you can bash Sashi while giving Hue the benefit of the doubt when it’s pretty clear Hue is as responsible (more) for the perceived whiffs at QB via the draft.

The only time they butted heads (that we know of) is when Hue wanted to trade 2 top 65 picks for a QB who was signed for 5 mil/year as an UFA 2 months later (and was then subsequently traded for peanuts) and Sashi said hell naw.  But I’m sure Sashi was wrong there too....

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Ppl love Dorsey, specially me because he has been about that action. Sashi was wait and see. Let’s and wait and see how this goes, Let’s wait and see how that goes. If your best move was botching a trade attemp, it shows it wasn’t the great tenure

Dorsey got to “be about that action” because of the actions Sashi took.  The #4 overall pick?  We had that because of Sashi.  Same with 35.  Those picks are directly related to his actions.  Number one overall as well.  He wanted his pick at QB, not the scraps, and we sacrificed 2 seasons to potentially set us up for the next 15.  

His best move was not a botched trade, it was not being a victim of the moment like most short sighted Browns fans.  He wasn’t about 2016, 2017.  He was worried about the next decade. Maybe some of you needed 3-13 or 4-12 season, I didn’t.  Bad is bad, and tbh the roster was good enough to win 3-4 games with decent coaching, but that’s another topic.

Dorsey is the guy who invested his trust fund well (thus far).  He was given the world, but had also made the most of what he was given.

Half of this board could have improved this team significantly with the assets he was given ffs.

39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Half of this board could have improved this team significantly with the assets he was given ffs.

Well, most wanted Darnold and Chubb who at this point both look to be worse than what Dorsey did, so there IS that. It's early and all, of course. 

Archived