What's next?

RapidsFootball

Gute indicated that the roster work is not done. I'm assuming any free agents left out there other than Dez are going to be relatively cheap. With that said, I'd love to see the Pack sign Kenny Vaccaro or Eric Reid and either Connor Barwin or resign Ahmad Brooks. Gives depth, experience, and flexibility for Pettine. Any others on the wish list?

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I really like the idea of just bringing Brooks and Evans back. 

I also like the idea of Maclin. 

with our cash and what Gute will roll over i think Brooks is likely all we'll even entertain. With what we drafted is there enough room at WR and or OLine for another guy. OLB is thin Brooks would be a nice sign as he signed here and some of his play was ok. That or Barwin seeing we're installing a new D why not. Other than that i'm fine with where we're at maybe a blocking vet TE.

We got 13m in cap space once rookie deals are accounted for according to Spotrac, so we can make some splashes.

Names that could be interesting Galette, Barwin and Ayers for the rush. I'm not sure if I'm correct but wasn't Rodgers trying to recruit Barwin prior to him signing with the Rams last season? 

Wouldn't mind kicking the tyres on NaVorro Bowman if he is cheap enough and he is into leaving the Bay area.

Merc Lewis for TE or Julius Thomas, does he have anything left?

Would like to see another Dline body come in, maybe Q Dial again a bit more of an expensive option is Jonathan Hankins if we want to get crazy invested with the Dline.

Other than that I'm pretty happy with where the roster sits. 

1 minute ago, Brit Pack said:

Wouldn't mind kicking the tires on NaVorro Bowman if he is cheap enough and he is into leaving the Bay area.

Would like to see another Dline body come in, maybe Q Dial again

Bowman is done and the Packers drafted an ILB anyways

The Packers gave Dial's jersey number to the 7th rounder Donnerson

2 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

We got 13m in cap space once rookie deals are accounted for

well hot damn.. then give dez the big 1 year prove it deal while our young guys get adjusted or it's revealed they suck. there's more responsible ways to use that money, but whatever.

Just now, Shanedorf said:

Bowman is done and the Packers drafted an ILB anyways

The Packers gave Dial's jersey number to the 7th rounder Donnerson

I'm not expecting much from Burks this season except special teams play. I think it will take time for him to grow. By all accounts Bowman played well for the Raiders last season but there is talk that he is pricing himself out of a contract there. I highly doubt he would come here but it would be nice.

I do think we are a man short on the Dline. Would like to see another body there.

2 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we roll over an 8 mil cushion again just to be safe.

We rolled over just under 4m last season.

If we do the same again this year then we got about 9m to blow on some washed up talent...

Archived