Gregory to file for reinstatement May 1st

D82

It's worth noting that players' contracts toll while suspended. If/when reinstated, we get Gregory cheap for 2, maybe even 3 more years, due to all the time he's missed.

He's probably not gonna make good on the draft investment at this point, but it's not like he only has 1 year to do so.

46 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

It's worth noting that players' contracts toll while suspended. If/when reinstated, we get Gregory cheap for 2, maybe even 3 more years, due to all the time he's missed.

He's probably not gonna make good on the draft investment at this point, but it's not like he only has 1 year to do so.

He's still young though. So at the very least there is a chance he could contribute. I do want him to fulfill his potential with us though. It's a great redemption story and even better production for us. 

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

He has been out of football for a very long time. If he even comes close to double digit sacks I will be shocked and exceedingly pleased. 

That doesn't change the fact he has, thus far, been a wasted pick. But if he turns his career around and produces, I am not going to wring my my hands together waxing poetically about time-lost. Cameron Wake lost what, four years of his football life before he became a headhunter. Now, I am not saying that he is going to be successful. I am just saying discounting double digit sacks is beyond crazy - especially when that would have amounted for the most or second most amount of individual sacks on this team for the last three years.

Not saying that it won't matter. I was just answering D94Ws question of how many sacks it would take to make him a "good" pick.

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

That would be amazing.

On 5/15/2018 at 10:52 AM, Desperado82 said:

I’m really hoping for an all-time great redemption story...

Ware was also being asked to do much more. Parcells didnt just have Ware run after the QB. He was asked to cover, play the flat, play the run and drop back into zone. It wasnt until Wade that we saw Ware be relegated to just rushing.

2 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Good work against.... who is that? OT R.J. Dill?

Seriously though, I'm not worried about his skill being lost like some are. He missed the entire 2016 season and came back in pro bowl form week 17 against Jason Peters. He missed the entire 2017 season but if he gets reinstated I expect him to still be one of the best edge rushers on the team.

Archived