Gregory to file for reinstatement May 1st

D82

I mean he's stayed clean since the last time he was suspended. Has been working out constantly and seems to be on the right track. 

I can see being a bit pessimistic given his past, but he does appear to finally have turned it around. I'm glad his reinstatement was approved and I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing him show that potential he displayed in college.

In order for Goodell to approve his reinstatement, lifting his indefinite ban, I'm sure RG had to jump through hoops to "prove" he deserved it. Something like weekly drug tests for years...

• 4 weeks later...

DeMarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory are already coming up with signals before the play, in order to better coordinate their pass rush. Lawrence looked down the line and made a motion with his hand toward Gregory, who acknowledged the signal. At the snap of the ball, both men fired off the ball and executed the exact same pass rush moves on La’el Collins and Cameron Fleming in attempt to get to Dak Prescott.

tenor.gif

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/scout-s-notebook-defensive-difference-makers

" Dak Prescott couldn’t have put the ball in a better spot to Allen Hurnsduring the goal line period. Prescott broke to his left out of the pocket due to Randy Gregory being on his heels. Hurns, playing in the slot, managed to get rid of Anthony Brown and headed for the front pylon. The ball from Prescott was no more than a foot off the ground, which forced Hurns to go all the way to the ground and cradle it before he rolled out of the end zone."

I really hope for his sake that Gregory has managed to finally find peace enough to stay on the field.  One thing for sure there never had been any concern about his talent and he can be a difference maker on the field 

Man between Gregory, D-Law, Armstrong and assuming Irving gets back on the field and plays like he did last year...along with Jaylon and Lee at LB...we might actually have a consistent pass rush this year.

Just a few things based on what I have read.

1. Gregory is going to be a beast, no doubt. But as I predicted earlier, he will only break our heart's this season. In true post Jimmy Johnson fashion, this team will defeat itself. Sorry folks, just been burned too many times.

2. I keep reading about Dan making great passed rolling to his left. This is a huge red flag. First off, he always has done this. 2 examples are the Steelers game and Ravens game in his rookie year where he hit Dez for long TDs. 

Opposing defenses only have to pressure from that side and force him to his right this nulifying his accuracy until he figures out how to throw from that side.

Just an unbiased observation.

Archived