49ers will pick up fifth-year option on DL Arik Armstead. No fifth-year option for G Laken Tomlinson

49erurtaza

15 minutes ago, Ronnie's Pinky said:

Ugh...AA earning that much makes me want to drink.

Would have been better off just trying to get him to sign a longer extension with at least nine million guaranteed. I probably would have preferred that

3 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Then AA will help you cure you from your drinking. It's a... win-win?

The AA is legit!!! Off topic but my cousin had a horrible drinking problem and was a big time tweaker and the AA has kept him clean for seven months and counting. I'm a believer of AA!!!! And because of that, I'm a believer of Arik Armstead for sharing the same initials!!

Seriously though, I'm fine with it. I think folks underrate him a bit and at the very least our run defense is going to be awesome. Saleh could find ways to rotate him in with Buckner/Thomas on passing downs and get him some inside rushes. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The AA is legit!!! Off topic but my cousin had a horrible drinking problem and was a big time tweaker and the AA has kept him clean for seven months and counting. I'm a believer of AA!!!! And because of that, I'm a believer of Arik Armstead for sharing the same initials!!

Seriously though, I'm fine with it. I think folks underrate him a bit and at the very least our run defense is going to be awesome. Saleh could find ways to rotate him in with Buckner/Thomas on passing downs and get him some inside rushes. 

9 Mill for a guy who can't really Rush the passer in this scheme and is mostly a rotational guy is steep. I Don't care that they give him the shot, obviously very small sample determining what he can do in this scheme given he didn't even play a full season,  though I'm not hopeful. I probably would have preferred the extension though to spread the guaranteed hit. On a single year, I'd probably just role with Blair on one tenth of the salary, but yeah, not really a big deal. At least there is some sort of potential

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

9 Mill for a guy who can't really Rush the passer in this scheme and is mostly a rotational guy is steep. I Don't care that they give him the shot, obviously very small sample determining what he can do in this scheme given he didn't even play a full season,  though I'm not hopeful. I probably would have preferred the extension though to spread the guaranteed hit. On a single year, I'd probably just role with Blair on one tenth of the salary, but yeah, not really a big deal. At least there is some sort of potential

He could rush the passer in this scheme.....Only that we have Thomas/Buckner. So we have three guys who rush better from the inside while only two can do it. 

I agree 9 million is a steep price for someone like that, but at this point we're more than fine cap space wise and Armstead is a solid player. 

There aren’t a lot of Arik Armsteads walking around in this world, I know he’s underperformed so far but let’s not act like this dude isn’t capable of being a huge defensive asset to any scheme. 

At worst he could be a trade chip but at best AA is a 3 down 10+ sack guy

22 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

There aren’t a lot of Arik Armsteads walking around in this world, I know he’s underperformed so far but let’s not act like this dude isn’t capable of being a huge defensive asset to any scheme. 

And he's a better trade chip with that extra year, now. Who knows, maybe he stays healthy all year and shows some really good things, and since we have a bit of a logjam, some team will think that giving him even more playing time will result in him producing a lot more. Maybe we can then trade him next offseason. Without the fifth year, there's no way we can trade him in 2019, now, is there? But then, if he doesn't produce this year and doesn't look like he ever will, we might be stuck with him in 2019. With our cap space, it's not a huge gamble.

To be fair just before he got injured he started to really get some consistent pressure. But once again when he found his groove he got injured. I think so far that has been Arik's biggest problem. Hope for the guy he stays healthy for once and finally can show what he can truly do.

31 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I want to believe that AA can turn into something good, but...lawd, it"s haaahd.

59 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I don't see that at all. I didn't see that before he turned into a flop 

Archived