Yannick Ngakoue lands at #88 on NFL's Top 100

.Buzz

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I feel like Watt does just because of name and everyone knows if he is healthy he could be Top-3 but Bruce Irvin has no business being mentioned at his own dinner table, let alone this list

Yeah.  I don't think Watt played like a better player than Yan last year, but i can at least understand where that's coming from.  Putting together some absolutely elite MVP caliber seasons is going to earn a guy some extra benefit of the doubt and respect/name recognition around the league.  And if he's healthy, he can probably still be a game wrecker.

Bruce Irvin though...what???  The guy had some good years as one specialized piece of a great defense.  But i don't think he's earned nearly that same sort of benefit of the doubt, and he wasn't a better player than Yan last year, nor is he younger and still trending up expecting a huge breakout next year or something.  I don't get that one at all.  Yan is one of the best kept secret weapons in the league though...in some respects, i'm just happy they even mentioned that he exists.

I think the problem with the list is that it isn’t exactly defined what it it. Is it the best players based solely on their 2017? Is it the guys with the best long term history? Do guys who battled injury get the benefit of the doubt because of how good they were prior to the injury? Is it players with the best outlook long term based on their 2017 performance? When you have a bunch of people voting on something with no clear defined lines of what is and isn’t the criteria, you get lists where players don’t really always fit where they go.

So who do you all think made the list? At the end of it, it said they said the Jaguars have the 2nd most players on the list. My guess would be:

Yann, Telvin, Malik, Fournette, Bouye, Calais, Jalen.

2 hours ago, Speedyg said:

So who do you all think made the list? At the end of it, it said they said the Jaguars have the 2nd most players on the list. My guess would be:

Jags should have the most to me. I think Ngakoue should have been closer to 50-60 in the ranking

4 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Norwell*

On 5/2/2018 at 1:34 PM, DuvalsKing said:

Norwell*

On 5/3/2018 at 8:10 AM, Speedyg said:

Good call. I forgot they include guys from former teams lol. That's how we had one Jaguar in 2016 (Calais)

So I just watched the episode with Zach Martin and it said that there is only 1 other OG on the list, sadly its probably not Norwell. This list is partially popularity with players peers and who they see during the season or hear about. There hasn't been much coming out of Carolina since the SB run. I would like to believe it'll be a guard from a more popular team. I think it'll be David Decastro. 

Archived