2018 Chiefs Draft Class

13 hours ago, Chiefer said:

They seemed pretty adamant on him being an OLB

Much easier to lose weight then to gain it too.

From what they said, I don't think they want him losing weight. I think they want our most common nickel front to be naturally heavier. They did say they want him as an OLB, but every time Veach spoke about him he described him as a power rush guy. They didn't draft him to be able to get upfield around OTs. They want him to set the edge and bull rush through OTs as a pass rusher. Quickest path is straight through. So I think they'd rather him keep the 5 - 10 pounds than get a little bit quicker. Houston and Ford can bring the speed. Speaks and Kpass can bring the power (Houston can do both, I suppose.)

19 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

From what they said, I don't think they want him losing weight. I think they want our most common nickel front to be naturally heavier. They did say they want him as an OLB, but every time Veach spoke about him he described him as a power rush guy. They didn't draft him to be able to get upfield around OTs. They want him to set the edge and bull rush through OTs as a pass rusher. Quickest path is straight through. So I think they'd rather him keep the 5 - 10 pounds than get a little bit quicker. Houston and Ford can bring the speed. Speaks and Kpass can bring the power (Houston can do both, I suppose.)

Houston is like 270s and hes definitely a power guy

But i can definitely envision a lineup where were dealing with a hurry up offense and Soeaks moves inside and DOD moves up to be a rush lb

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Houston is like 270s and hes definitely a power guy

But i can definitely envision a lineup where were dealing with a hurry up offense and Soeaks moves inside and DOD moves up to be a rush lb

Do'D will be a great zone blitzer. Houston is not so much a power guy as a burst guy, like Von Miller. He's inside an OL stance before the OL can set his feet. Do'D would let him set, then go around. The twitch number is unreal.

J

23 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Rookie numbers released

Speaks ~ 57

Nnadi ~ 91

O'Daniel ~ 44

Watts ~ 25

Smith ~ 39

McKenzie ~ 66

Speaks and DOD with LB numbers

#44 can be either a DB or a LB number. Our last players at #44 were Jarrad Page and Eric Warfield, both DBs.

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

#44 can be either a DB or a LB number. Our last players at #44 were Jarrad Page and Eric Warfield, both DBs.

Good point i really like his tape i think he can really shine in tge future in that "moneybacker" role

Archived