Official Houston Rockets Thread: Phase 2 on hold

Pastor Dillon

On 3/5/2018 at 9:51 AM, Texansfan713 said:

I know some people are calling for D'Antoni to bench JJ for Green but its not like Green has been playing well recently either.  JJ will be valuable come playoff time. He still getting integrated with the team and the system again.  If he sucks in April then I'll be worried.

both of them will be on the bench when we are at 100%

Big game against the raptors tonight. 3 road game in 4 nights against the 3rd best team in the NBA. This will be the biggest challenge we face the rest of the year. We almost got lucky last night with the warriors almost losing. right now we would need 2 loses for the warriors to pass us because of the tie breaker. Which basically means if we can go 16-2 over the last 18 games then the warriors would need to go undefeated, which is possible but i doubt it. Still we have another 11 games against +.500 teams left, the warriors have 10. 

Man i haven't thought we could actually get the 1 seed, but with the Curry injury, its looking like we might get it. the warriors need us to lose 3 more games than they do over the last 16.

right now the Warriors would have to go through the Spurs, Thunder/Blazers, and then the rockets

We have been dominating against a BRUTAL schedule. Our post all star break schedule has seen us play 1 team that doesnt have a winning record, and we are 10-1

We have another western conference playoff 3 game in 4 night road trip coming up this weekend. 

@ New Orleans
@ Minnesota
@ Portland

Current 6, 5, 3 seeds on a Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday road trip. 

Then we finally let up a little and play 4 of 5 against lotto teams

Then we still have western playoff teams in San Antonio, Portland and OKC left as well as Washington, before finishing out with a california back to back, that hopefully we wont even have to go to, at least not really.

Harden though is getting dangerously low on games he can miss before it starts hurting his MVP chances. 

I really don’t want to see the Thunder in round 2. I want the Thunder and Warriors to meet. 

Somce we’ve got the 1 seed almost locked in, we need the thunder to finish 3, 6 or 7. They are playing great, so I don’t see them falling. Which means they need to catch the blazers. 

We have a couple games still against the Blazers and I would love to help knock them back a few games in the standings. 

The west is so good that anyone can beat anyone but the warriors, so hopefully we aren’t looking ahead. 

Id love to see a healthy Leonard return in a 2/7 match up with the warriors followed by a 2/3 match up with the Thunder. 

Maybe we can get lucky with a path of clippers and wolves or something. 

To be honest I'm more scared of Portland than OKC.  OKC's defense is nowhere near good without Roberson.  At least the Blazers play defense and have the length to guard Harden and Paul.  Plus they have one of the best scoring backcourts. I'd rather Portland "wear out" GS in round 2.

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

To be honest I'm more scared of Portland than OKC.  OKC's defense is nowhere near good without Roberson.  At least the Blazers play defense and have the length to guard Harden and Paul.  Plus they have one of the best scoring backcourts. I'd rather Portland "wear out" GS in round 2.

Portland gets swept by the warriors 

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I think we are the only team that wins a game against a healthy warriors team. 

No way!  Its seriously hard for a team to sweep every single series they play in the playoffs.  Warriors didn't even sweep our team 3 seasons ago when we were the 8th seed.

4 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

No way!  Its seriously hard for a team to sweep every single series they play in the playoffs.  Warriors didn't even sweep our team 3 seasons ago when we were the 8th seed.

This warriors team only lost once in the entire playoffs last year 

On 3/23/2018 at 7:39 PM, Texansfan713 said:

sucks we released brandan wright.  he recovering for surgery.  He would have been a useful weapon for us come playoff time. 

I dont think he would have played unless we faced injury. Anderson has been playing the 5 a lot, in fact I dont think nene has played since Anderson came back from injury. I suspect Nene plays some more in the playoffs. PLus we will go small with that Tucker/Ariza/Harden/CP3 and one more line up a lot in crunch time of the playoffs. 

Is there anyway that we dont get 2 players on one of the 3 all nba teams? I know CP3 will get some love for a spot on the 3rd team, but honestly he shouldnt make an all nba team. Clint Capela should. I know there are guys with bigger stat lines, but Hes the starting center on the #1 seed in the NBA. He is 6th in rebounding, 4th in blocks, 1st in FG % 

The wild card is whether Anthony Davis is considered a center or a forward, last year he was a center. I wouldnt be shocked to see the 3 centers be Embiid/Towns/Capela 

Gobert and Jordan were 2nd and 3rd team last year, and so the idea of Capela being all nba is not crazy. In fact the only thing that might stop him is the seasons Embiid and Towns are having.