Official Houston Rockets Thread: Phase 2 on hold

Pastor Dillon

I know Sengun was the darling of the rockets draft class, but dude may never be more than a rotational big. I liked what I saw but I wasn’t left thinking he was gonna be an all star. Paolo has legit all star ability. He can be what blake griffin could have been. I am excited for him. I think he’s ready to play right away. 

we’ve got to get rid of Christian Wood so Paolo and Sengun can get the minutes. 

3 hours ago, the lone star said:

Shaved a little salary too. The expiring contracts could be flipped, if need be, but I bet they'll just keep or waive them.

Based on the fact that they didn't want any players back I think they're going to try and package picks with 3 to move up or package 17/26 to move back up into the lottery.

So interesting stuff on The Athletic today.

-Schroder is liked in Houston but it looks like him resigning here this offseason is unlikely

-Kenyon Martin Jr went to Rockets brass to request a trade due to who we pick at 3 coming in and possibly more

-Banchero is at the top of the Rockets board

-It's a matter of when not if that Rio Grande Vipers HC Mahmoud Adelfattah is assistant HC

-The hope is to sign Tate and Porter Jr to extensions. They have until next year to get it done.

Edited by Texansfan713

I think we draft Paolo to pair with Green. Keep our other young talents and the. Next off season attempt to sign some vets. You really don’t need more than 2 young guys. We will have 2 young studs and then lots of young players around them. Will need some vets to show them how to win. One more tank. 

12 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I think we draft Paolo to pair with Green. Keep our other young talents and the. Next off season attempt to sign some vets. You really don’t need more than 2 young guys. We will have 2 young studs and then lots of young players around them. Will need some vets to show them how to win. One more tank. 

I agree.  That should be the plan although I believe they should sign 1 vet this offseason at the most. Could really use a veteran backup at the 1 or 5.  

I was warming up to Banchero ever since we got the 3rd pick because I didnt think there was no way Jabari would fall to pick 3.  We got him at pick 3 and I'm ecstatic.   Perfect fit for our roster. 

Love the Eason pick at 17.  Best player available at the selection and he is another defender who fills a need for us.  Amazing potential as a defender. 

Once I saw some players fall to the 26 pick range I said to myself we can afford to carry 3 rookies on the roster this year.  TyTy Washington at pick 29 is a freaking steal.  Fills a need at point guard. 

Rockets IMO had the best draft of the night.