Official Houston Rockets Thread: Phase 2 on hold

Pastor Dillon

Well we are no doubt gonna suck next year but at least we’ve restocked with young talent. Green and Porter can grow together. Wood and Tate are older guys but not too old. KJ Martin and these other 3 1st rounders might provide some depth. 

we need to move House, Gordon and Wall if possible. Wall is a tough sell but house and Gordon can be traded. 

we could easily have a shot at the top pick next year too. 

Im amazed Stone actually killed this draft. He is still slowly winning me over. I honestly thought we would trade one of our late 1sts and we kept them. Interesting offseason for sure.  My guess is that House and Gordon are gone and we are stuck with Wall.  We wont pick up Bradley's team option and we will let Olynyk walk in free agency.  

I would bring back Brooks, and maybe DJ Wilson.  The other FA's can walk. 

I think Garuba will play overseas another year due to his buyout but Segun will definitely get some minutes for us at the 4 and 5. 

I'm stocked for Summer league to start so we can see the rookies play.  Its been a long time since I said that. 

Edited by Texansfan713

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

We are stuck with Wall.  

I know that Wall's contract is pretty cheeks but IIRC he played pretty well last season. I think having him in the locker room will be great for Jalen Green as a former #1 overall pick that has been through the ups and downs of the NBA.

• 2 weeks later...

Sengun outplayed Mobley.  Granted it was Summer League it was still pretty impressive.  He has tools to work with on both offense and defense.  He definitely wont be able to defend the perimeter but he plays hard on defense.  Thats all you can ask for.

Christopher is a little reckless with the ball but he is money on the mid range.  His shot has a little hitch to it from the left side but its definitely something that can be fixed.  

Green is a monster. 

• 1 month later...

If I was a betting man, I’d put the depth chart like this

PG: Porter/Augustine/Exum

SG: Green/Gordon

SF: Tate/House/Nwaba

PF: Wood/KJ

C Theis/Sengun 

g-league: Christopher, Garuba 

Honorary Coach: Wall

I really think that team, if healthy, can compete for a play in spot, especially if Green has a rookie of the year type season  

im not sold on Porter just yet being a guy that can help lead the rockets  

Wood/Theis/Sengun should be a decent rotation at the bigs, with Tate being able to play small 4 as well  

Gordon and House are trade chips probably at the deadline but could also be part of a really solid bench   

we could throw out a bench of 

Augustine/Gordon/House/Tate/Sengun 

there is reason for hope this season while also low expectations  

we’ve got 2 first round picks in the next draft to play with as well  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 10:21 PM, Texansfan713 said:

i'll settle for a top 5 pick. I think realistically the pick will be towards the end of the top 10. 

You think so? Unless Green has a Luka-level rookie season, I don't know how you think Houston isn't clearly 1 of the 3 worst teams in the league.

51 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

You think so? Unless Green has a Luka-level rookie season, I don't know how you think Houston isn't clearly 1 of the 3 worst teams in the league.

In theory they should be better than Cleveland, Detroit, Oklahoma City, and Orlando. Debatable between Houston and teams like San Antonio, Sacramento, and Memphis. 

After watching the pre season, it’s obvious of a few things:

Gordon is never gonna be healthy

silas still doesn’t know what he’s doing

Wood and KPJ are still really bad on defense 

green and Sengun might be really good someday, but it’s gonna be a struggle this season. 

Eric Gordon should be traded. He’s got 2/38 million deal currently, which isn’t that bad. House is really cheap as well. A contender could really use those 2 players. 

we should embrace the suckage for another year. Run with this rotation

KPJ
Green\Brooks
tate/Christopher 
Wood/KMJ
Sengun/Garuba