Official Houston Rockets Thread: Phase 2 on hold

Pastor Dillon

• 5 weeks later...

I expect Green's efficiency numbers will go up because:

1. He'll be older with more experience
  2. He'll have another top prospect to share the scoring load (Paolo, Chet, Jabari, Griffin). It might behoove them to suck again next year to add ANOTHER top prospect in 2023, but this year is a goldmine year for a top pick
  3. Likely going to get a new coach in the next couple of years

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know what we are doing. The deadline talk was that we would trade Gordon and wood and make more minutes for Christopher and Sengun. Instead we traded a none rotation player for Schroder to take Christopher’s minutes away from him. 

we are actively trying to be competitive and are still tanking. It’s kind of embarrassing. Let the young guys play. 

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I don’t know what we are doing. The deadline talk was that we would trade Gordon and wood and make more minutes for Christopher and Sengun. Instead we traded a none rotation player for Schroder to take Christopher’s minutes away from him. 

we are actively trying to be competitive and are still tanking. It’s kind of embarrassing. Let the young guys play. 

ya and im seriously tired of Stone.  2nd year in a row he has botched the deadline. No reason whatsoever Wood and Gordon should be on this roster. Schoroder too.  I'm mad at Silas as well for reasons you listed.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Texansfan713Obviously you guys take BPA which will probably be Paolo as I'd be slightly shocked if Chet/Jabari don't go 1/2. How do you like the fit going forward with Green? Seen some concern over them both being iso heavy but I didn't watch much Rockets or college this year so I'm not sure if that's legit at all. Regardless, even if it is you just try to make it work and worry about it later of course.

15 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Im still smiling we ended up with a top 3 pick.  3 is the perfect spot for us.

@Pastor Dillon

I’m pumped about 3, but mainly I just don’t want Holmgren. I want Jabari Smith. I think he’s the highest ceiling and best fit in the draft. Paolo is a really solid player too. I think either could play the PF. Chet is gonna have to play C because he doesn’t have the lateral quickness to guard nba 4s. He doesn’t have the bulk to guard 5s either so he’s kind of out of position on D. People are in love with him because he’s so long and blocks shots but in the big games when he was guarding a legit big, he got bullied in the paint. Paolo has to improve his 3 point shooting to play the 4 for us but he’s got that ability. Honestly I’d take Murray at 3 if Chet is there  

also a rumor that the kings are wanting to trade up to 3. Could be worth watching. 

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’m pumped about 3, but mainly I just don’t want Holmgren. I want Jabari Smith. I think he’s the highest ceiling and best fit in the draft. Paolo is a really solid player too. I think either could play the PF. Chet is gonna have to play C because he doesn’t have the lateral quickness to guard nba 4s. He doesn’t have the bulk to guard 5s either so he’s kind of out of position on D. People are in love with him because he’s so long and blocks shots but in the big games when he was guarding a legit big, he got bullied in the paint. Paolo has to improve his 3 point shooting to play the 4 for us but he’s got that ability. Honestly I’d take Murray at 3 if Chet is there  

also a rumor that the kings are wanting to trade up to 3. Could be worth watching. 

Oh god no to both of those!  Murray should never be in consideration at pick 3 and its no way I would trade back one spot in a consensus top 3 prospect draft.  Stone literally has the easiest job to do in this draft.  Just take the big who didnt go 1 and 2.  If he cant do that then he deserves to be flamed and fired.  No pun intended.  

6 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

@Texansfan713Obviously you guys take BPA which will probably be Paolo as I'd be slightly shocked if Chet/Jabari don't go 1/2. How do you like the fit going forward with Green? Seen some concern over them both being iso heavy but I didn't watch much Rockets or college this year so I'm not sure if that's legit at all. Regardless, even if it is you just try to make it work and worry about it later of course.

the fit is perfect. Both guys can get their shot off at any time and Banchero is an underrated passer.  Rockets need another guy that can create offense.  Pick Banchero at 3 then take a defensive big at 17.

Edited by Texansfan713

On 5/20/2022 at 8:22 AM, Texansfan713 said:

Oh god no to both of those!  Murray should never be in consideration at pick 3 and its no way I would trade back one spot in a consensus top 3 prospect draft.  Stone literally has the easiest job to do in this draft.  Just take the big who didnt go 1 and 2.  If he cant do that then he deserves to be flamed and fired.  No pun intended.  

I want ZERO part of Chet. ZERO