Official Houston Rockets Thread: Phase 2 on hold

Pastor Dillon

The ONLY reason I was upset about Paolo going 1, was because I thought it meant we would end up with Holmgren

jabari smith is gonna be a stud. A FREAKING STUD

He is a legit 6-8.5, maybe 6-9 which is something we’ve not had at the 4 in a very long time. Dude shoots the ball as well as anyone in the draft. 

yes his handles need work,  but he has the tools to grow in that area. This was a steal for us. 

this draft creates a lot of competition. 

Eason, KJ and Garuba are basically gonna fight it out for a roster spot. Yeah we won’t cut either of the 1st round guys this year but down the line they will be. This probably forces KJ out or he makes a huge jump forward. 

Tyty Washington gonna be in a battle with Nix and Christopher for a back up spot off the bench. If that 3 way battle goes well, we might let KPJ walk instead of paying him big time to stay. 

what a turn around for the franchise. We went from being in a mess after a failed attempt to win a ring to having 7 1st round picks on the team after 2 years. 

the two 2nd rounders are valuable assets too. They allow you to trade minor contracts. If you have a guy making under 5 million and need some space, a 2nd and some cash can take care of that. 

we have all this young talent, another top 5 pick next year, probably a legit coach at that point and 70+ million in cap space. We are on the right track. We just need guys to develop. 

my current game 1 projected starting line up is 

KPJ/Gordon/Green/Tate/Sengun

obviously smith could start over Tate but I think we might take a different approach after how horrible green did to start the season. 

obviously if we trade Gordon it changes things. 

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

I'll be shocked if Smith doesnt start game 1.

Porter Jr.

Green

Gordon

Smith Jr.

Sengun

Christopher

Tate

Eason 

Garuba

If I had to guess the rotation early.

Should move Gordon and let one of your young guys start.

I’m not 100% sold on Sengun being more than a back up big. He isn’t good enough defensively to play big time minutes and I’m not sure I see the tools there. I think he finds his role playing about 20 minutes a night, which might come from a starting position but I think we end up going small ball especially when we have Smith, Eason and Garuba who can all defend multiple positions. 

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’m not 100% sold on Sengun being more than a back up big. He isn’t good enough defensively to play big time minutes and I’m not sure I see the tools there. I think he finds his role playing about 20 minutes a night, which might come from a starting position but I think we end up going small ball especially when we have Smith, Eason and Garuba who can all defend multiple positions. 

They just don't provide a ton of scoring and just okay spacing player together. 

Sucks we are not bringing back Fernando.  I thought he played well for us when we traded for him.  Schroeder not coming back isnt a shock.  

PG: KPJ/Washington

SG: Green/Christopher

SF: Gordon/Tate

PF: Smith Jr./Eason

C  Sengun/Garuba

I like the roster going forward. 

Edited by Texansfan713

8 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Sucks we are not bringing back Fernando.  I thought he played well for us when we traded for him.  Schroeder not coming back isnt a shock.  

C  Sengun/Garuba

I’d get rid of Gordon and start KJ

22 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

C  Sengun/Garuba

Victor would fit well with your group and so would Scoot Henderson next year.