Official Houston Rockets Thread: Phase 2 on hold

Pastor Dillon

13 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Rockets sign RJ Hunter to a 2 way deal.  Not expecting much but can't hurt.  Perfect fit for our offense with his shooting.  

I dont like these 2 way deals. If a guy comes and blows it up, he cant stay on the roster beyond like 45 days or something like that, and they cant be on a playoff roster. But when we are playing with 8 guys dressed, anyone can help. 

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

Its gameday!  Im in New Orleans going to the game tonight.  First time going to a road game other than Dallas. 

I want to go to a home game, the memphis games are pretty crazy though, they love the grizzlies there, i would imagine that New Orleans is the same. 

There are probably not two teams that fit each others weakness like the pelicans vs Rockets. Davis/Cousins vs Harden/CP3 should be extremely interesting. 

I suspect that Ryan Anderson either makes a lot of shots or doesnt see much action. we need Ariza or Moute on AD the entire game, but starting with Anderson on him could get ugly. We also need to make Cousins shoot 3s. He can really kill us from there, but he will kill us if he goes inside.

Our first game they had no AD, but they had one of the best offensive performances in team history. 18 of 33 from 3. Moore with a career high 36. Holiday with 37. Rondo with the triple double. They also shot 58% from the field. And we won by 7 thanks to a big 4th quarter. 

Both teams are healthy. It should be a good match up. Shooting will be the key. If they come close to the hot shooting of the last game, we probably wont win unless Eric Gordon breaks out of his slump. 

Big week for us. A potential slip up game against Orlando. 

Then we have road games against the Spurs and the refocused Cavs team. Harden has not been the same since returning from injury but this is a showcase week for his MVP chances. Big games and big wins on TV against two top 5 teams in the league would go a long way. 

We havent had any back to backs in a while, but we have 2 before All Star Break. 

6 games, with 3 against good teams. 

@Nets

@Heat

Nuggets

Mavericks

@Wolves

Kings

we can win all 6, and I would think that 3-3 would be the floor. 

playing in Miami on a back to back is probably the worst game in that stretch. Wolves on the road will be tough as well. 

If we go 6-0 there is a chance we go into All Star Break as the 1 seed

Warriors have a tough schedule coming up as well

Thunder

Mavericks

Spurs 

Suns

@Portland

If we went 6-0, we would just need them to go 4-1 and we would take the 1 seed 

We have been rolling so well with mbah a moute in the starting line up and Gerald Green coming off the bench that it does make me think we would trade Ariza along with Ryan Anderson and a 1st round pick if it brought back something of good value. But Ariza is one of my favorite Rockets, so I would rather not see him go. 

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:28 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

I want to go to a home game, the memphis games are pretty crazy though, they love the grizzlies there, i would imagine that New Orleans is the same. 

There are probably not two teams that fit each others weakness like the pelicans vs Rockets. Davis/Cousins vs Harden/CP3 should be extremely interesting. 

I suspect that Ryan Anderson either makes a lot of shots or doesnt see much action. we need Ariza or Moute on AD the entire game, but starting with Anderson on him could get ugly. We also need to make Cousins shoot 3s. He can really kill us from there, but he will kill us if he goes inside.

Our first game they had no AD, but they had one of the best offensive performances in team history. 18 of 33 from 3. Moore with a career high 36. Holiday with 37. Rondo with the triple double. They also shot 58% from the field. And we won by 7 thanks to a big 4th quarter. 

Both teams are healthy. It should be a good match up. Shooting will be the key. If they come close to the hot shooting of the last game, we probably wont win unless Eric Gordon breaks out of his slump. 

next season I'm planning to make a trip to Memphis for a rockets grizzlies game.  I'll let you know around that time.  Shouldn't be hard to find tickets and a reasonable flight/hotel.

10 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

next season I'm planning to make a trip to Memphis for a rockets grizzlies game.  I'll let you know around that time.  Shouldn't be hard to find tickets and a reasonable flight/hotel.

I might be able to get you a ticket. I have a friend who has a cousin that works for miller lite and they have access to season tickets. He normally gets me 2 every year but they have 4 of them, so I might be able to get all 4. This year they were center court about 20 rows up 

I read a rumor that we are trying to do a Ryan Anderson for George Hill Trade. I would be all for this if the Kings would do it. They might. Anderson probably fits better with them, and they dont really need the cap flexibility. They have similar salaries, and by the time Hill's deal is up Anderson will be on an Expiring contract that would become an asset to the Kings. 

It would change the way we roll as well. Tucker/Moute and Ariza would be the full time 4s and Hill and Gordon would both have to play along side Harden and CP3. But it would be a huge win for us. Hill has been bad on defense this year, but hes been a good defender in the past and is a great 3 point shooter. 

We would have to give them some draft compensation. Maybe 2 2nds or a future 1st. 

When I think about Ryan Anderson getting 20 million for two more seasons, I just have to think about some of the deals that are worse

Mahinmi will have 2 years at 16 million per after this year

Noah will have 2 years at 18 million per after this year

Mozgov will have 2 years at 16 million per after this year

Biyombo will have 2 years at 17 million per after this year

Deng will have 2 years at 18 million per after this year

Chandler Parsons will have 2 years at 24 million per after this year

Heck Ryan Anderson isnt even a top 5 worst contract in the NBA. Its been a terrible year for him and hes still hitting 38% from 3 and stretching the floor for us. I would like to get rid of that deal, but at least hes not some of those guys