Top 5 QB's in 5 Years?

DoleINGout

5 Years from Today Retired (or Unemployed in Flacco's case): Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Phillip Rivers, Drew Brees, Joe Flacco, Tyrod Taylor, AJ, McCarron, Sam Bradford, Teddy Bridgewater, Ryan Tannehill, Alex Smith, Nick Foles, Colin Kaepernick, Case Keenum, Cam Newton, Matthew Stafford, Paxton Lynch

Active: Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Mason Rudolph, Kyle Lauletta, Mike White, Jacoby Brissett, Lamar Jackson, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, Derek Carr, Chad Kelly

Remaining Top 10:

6. Deshaun Watson

7. Sam Darnold

8. Andrew Luck

9. Matt Ryan

10. Mitch Trubisky

At least nine other future starting QB's not in the league yet.

10 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Active is not necessarily starting though...

Top Veterans=Top Veterans still starting or at least that's what it implied to me,  make your wording more clear.

To anyone saying Luck will be a top 10 QB 5 years from now, he's going to be retired by then more than likely.

4 hours ago, OleXmad said:

Top Veterans=Top Veterans still starting or at least that's what it implied to me,  make your wording more clear.

To anyone saying Luck will be a top 10 QB 5 years from now, he's going to be retired by then more than likely.

Why?

Luck is still what, 29 years old? So hes gonna retire at 32 or 33? The Colts are very obviously expecting him to be healthy this season, and their OL went from terrible to pretty good in one offseason. 

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

5 Years from Today Retired (or Unemployed in Flacco's case): Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Phillip Rivers, Drew Brees, Joe Flacco, Tyrod Taylor, AJ, McCarron, Sam Bradford, Teddy Bridgewater, Ryan Tannehill, Alex Smith, Nick Foles, Colin Kaepernick, Case Keenum, Cam Newton, Matthew Stafford, Paxton Lynch

Active: Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Mason Rudolph, Kyle Lauletta, Mike White, Jacoby Brissett, Lamar Jackson, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, Derek Carr, Chad Kelly

Remaining Top 10:

6. Deshaun Watson

7. Sam Darnold

8. Andrew Luck

9. Matt Ryan

10. Mitch Trubisky

At least nine other future starting QB's not in the league yet.

Cam Newton retired in 5 years? Why? And Stafford too? 

Foles I could maybe see only bc he doesnt need the money and might want to become a pastor or whatever. 

And forgive me if it was because you simply made a mistake and left Wentz off the list bc you forgot about him, but how on earth will he not even be a top 5 10 QB in 5 years based off of his first two seasons?

Are you gonna say "because he got hurt!!!"? Because for one, the guy isnt RGIII. And its one ACL tear for the first time in his career. And also: modern science. ACL injuries and other injuries like achilles etc once considered tragic, are no longer as big a deal in most cases. I mean look at Jason Peters. Dude has torn his achilles multple times and has come back multiple times and was still an All Pro. 

Anyway, anyone that claims Wentz's injury as the reason that he wont be a great QB anymore, but then goes on to say that they think Watson will...well let's just say pot meet kettle. 

I feel like Watson is being treated as if he is going to come back and play much better even though Watson has torn his ACL TWICE.  Im not sure if it was the same one or not. Someone can fill me in there if they want. 

Anyway for me, my predictions:

Top 5 aka Elite QBs capable of carrying an offense

1. Carson Wentz

2. Russell Wilson

3. DeShaun Watson

4. Lamar Jackson

5.Andrew Luck (assuming health)

Top 10 aka Great QBs capable of winning a Superbowl just not shouldering an entire offense.

6. Jared Goff

7. Jimmy Garrapolo

8. Derek Carr

9. Josh Rosen

10. Sam Darnold

7 hours ago, OleXmad said:

"Top Veterans"

As in the notable veteran QB's active now that will still be active in 5 years. I think the wording I used implies less than what you assumed it did. For example, if I was refering to veteran starters, I'd have said, "Top Veteran Starters"

3 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Cam Newton retired in 5 years? Why? And Stafford too? 

Foles I could maybe see only bc he doesnt need the money and might want to become a pastor or whatever. 

And forgive me if it was because you simply made a mistake and left Wentz off the list bc you forgot about him, but how on earth will he not even be a top 5 10 QB in 5 years based off of his first two seasons?

Are you gonna say "because he got hurt!!!"? Because for one, the guy isnt RGIII. And its one ACL tear for the first time in his career. And also: modern science. ACL injuries and other injuries like achilles etc once considered tragic, are no longer as big a deal in most cases. I mean look at Jason Peters. Dude has torn his achilles multple times and has come back multiple times and was still an All Pro. 

Anyway, anyone that claims Wentz's injury as the reason that he wont be a great QB anymore, but then goes on to say that they think Watson will...well let's just say pot meet kettle. 

I feel like Watson is being treated as if he is going to come back and play much better even though Watson has torn his ACL TWICE.  Im not sure if it was the same one or not. Someone can fill me in there if they want. 

Anyway for me, my predictions:

Top 5 aka Elite QBs capable of carrying an offense

1. Carson Wentz

2. Russell Wilson

3. DeShaun Watson

4. Lamar Jackson

5.Andrew Luck (assuming health)

Top 10 aka Great QBs capable of winning a Superbowl just not shouldering an entire offense.

6. Jared Goff

7. Jimmy Garrapolo

8. Derek Carr

9. Josh Rosen

10. Sam Darnold

You didn't read the first post because Wentz is #3 on my list.

It goes, in order from first to tenth: Allen/Mahomes/Wentz/Garoppolo/Goff/Watson/Darnold/Luck/Ryan/Trubisky

Newton probably will be close to retiring in 5 years because of his playing style and age at that point. Stafford and Newton I see calling it quits that early if they haven't won a Super Bowl. By then, who knows, maybe Matt Ryan will retire and Newton and Stafford will still be chasing trophies. If so, then I'd insert Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott into the tenth spot on my list. Rounding out my top 15 in five years would be Josh Rosen/Stafford/Newton (if they're both still playing). If Newton/Stafford are retired, then in their place would be Baker Mayfield/Derek Carr. Rounding out the top 20 would then be: Mason Rudolph/Jameis Winston/Marcus Mariota/Chad Kelly/Lamar Jackson and either Jacoby Brissett or someone who isn't currently in the NFL for the last spot if Ryan is retired with Newton/Stafford or one of the other QB's unexpectedly is forced to retire due to injuries, (think Andrew Luck).

1. Josh Allen

2. Patrick Mahommes

3. Carson Wentz

4. Jimmy Garoppolo

5. Jared Goff

6. Deshaun Watson

7. Sam Darnold

8. Andrew Luck*

9. Matt Ryan*

10. Mitchell Trubisky

11. Russell Wilson

12. Dak Prescott

13. Matthew Stafford*

14. Cam Newton*

15. Josh Rosen

16. Baker Mayfield

17. Derek Carr

18. Jameis Winston

19. Mason Rudolph

20. Marcus Mariota

21. Kirk Cousins*

22. Chad Kelly

23. Lamar Jackson

24. Jacoby Brissett

25. Andy Dalton*

26. Blake Bortles*

27.-32. Not currently in the NFL, or bridge QB's like Mike White/Kyle Lauletta/Tyrod Taylor*/AJ McCarron*/maybe Ryan Tannehill*, Paxton Lynch* or Luke Falk.

*Likely retired or injured

Archived