Kickoffs to be "modified"

bucsfan333

9 minutes ago, youngosu said:

I understand that and I am not gonna sidetrack this thread on the topic anymore than saying that.

Each McDonald's franchise is an individual business free to have its own pay scale. And NFL teams are individual businesses. Just saying. 

Now back to kickoffs.....

Idk about mcdonlds specifically but the i know other franchise type businesses have set pay scales

23 minutes ago, MathMan said:

i think that they should give out a ball to a random fan too. once per game, the fan could throw it on the field and it would count as a live fumble, that can be returned for a td. Would really spice up Home field advantage

Forget the nfl lets start our own league. Like an extreme league.....i know the EFL. We are going to revolutionize the sport.

16 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Idk about mcdonlds specifically but the i know other franchise type businesses have set pay scales

Examples?

I've never heard of such an arrangement and would be curious about the legality of it so I'd like to hear some specific examples so I can research it. 

7 minutes ago, youngosu said:

Examples?

I've never heard of such an arrangement and would be curious about the legality of it so I'd like to hear some specific examples so I can research it. 

Pizza hut would be the biggest example i know of.

IF the problem with kickoffs is 10 kamikazes running down the field with a 40 yard head start, maybe just change the LOS for the kickoff coverage players

The kicker and returner stay in their original positions, kickoff from the 30 yard line ( or 35), returners set up around the 5 or goalline

But the other 10 players for both teams are lined up at the Receiving teams' 35 yard line, close to one another just like on a scrimmage play. Kicker kicks off. Ball sails over their heads to the returner and the players commence blocking/shedding and getting after the KR. Any kicks that don't clear the LOS at the receiving team 35 are dead where they land.

You still have kickoffs, but the speed at which the players collide is the same as any LOS play. That allows the NFL to say they made the play safer while still maintaining the excitement of a KR. Its not all that different from a punt where the punter is lined up 17 yards behind the skirmish, in this case the placekicker is lined up 30 yards behind the skirmish.

4 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Ummm, what?

Pretty they mean kicking team will line up at 35 and can't start running till ball is kicked and the return team needs to bring most of its players closer to where the kicking team lines up. 

Such changes would reduce the full speed collisions. 

Just now, youngosu said:

Pretty they mean kicking team will line up at 35 and can't start running till ball is kicked and the return team needs to bring most of its players closer to where the kicking team lines up. 

Such changes would reduce the full speed collisions. 

For all of you who were complaining about losing surprise onside kicks ... 

6 hours ago, eagles101 said:

Forget the nfl lets start our own league. Like an extreme league.....i know the EFL. We are going to revolutionize the sport.

NOTHING but kickoffs. 

Archived