The Massacre at Father Anthony's Chapel - D3 starts Sunday @ 10am EST

Dome

whicker, let me put in poker terms, as i know thats definetely your forte.

This is just my opinion, and most mafia players in general.  However, like in poker, there are different playing styles

Consider each town player a chip in your pile.  the only way the town loses is if you lose most, or all of your chips.  Now your opponent knows the flop cards, but does't know the turn or the river.

We, as town, start the game with the big stack.  There , in this case are two opponents.  We take out our first opponent with the first hand so now we are big stack against a smaller stack.  

Maybe your read was stronger than a hunch, idk but IMO unless you're  almost 100 percent certain that early in the game, you're not gonna risk your highest chip (the investigator) on the very next hand unless, again, your read of the opposing player is that strong.   So maybe you just fold, losing your ante but you get to see more cards on the next hand

49 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Maybe we should all take a break from mafia if this is how we react to someone being wrong. Lack of understanding my god

We just had a break.....

46 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Like you all do understand that we had the game won, right? Despite the fact that we had a bunch of people not playing and losing our investigator N1, I was still going to vote LTBF and win the game until Gopher came in and made an impossible claim. Like lol you guys act like I single handedly brought us down some easily avoidable losing path when we TIED as the final result despite absolutely horrendous civ play.

you did fine, brother.

17 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I’ll say this now, so if it happens I can be like “look, I already told you”

but if I’m vig I’m always making a hit. Tryna hit a scum and die a hero, can’t do that sitting on the sidelines. Sometimes you hit a townie, but that’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make 

I agree.

There just wasn't enough time to win this on lynches alone.

If you can trade a mafia for an investigator, you take that trade EVERY time. Whicker hit a mafia and an investigator.

He mislynched in a 2:1 ratio, but he did so because someone made a role claim that directly contradicted events. I've been in that scenario before and it is impossible to ignore when someone makes a false claim.

Whicker did just fine IMO

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

This is just my opinion, and most mafia players in general.  However, like in poker, there are different playing styles

Consider each town player a chip in your pile.  the only way the town loses is if you lose most, or all of your chips.  Now your opponent knows the flop cards, but does't know the turn or the river.

We, as town, start the game with the big stack.  There , in this case are two opponents.  We take out our first opponent with the first hand so now we are big stack against a smaller stack.  

Maybe your read was stronger than a hunch, idk but IMO unless you're  almost 100 percent certain that early in the game, you're not gonna risk your highest chip (the investigator) on the very next hand unless, again, your read of the opposing player is that strong.   So maybe you just fold, losing your ante but you get to see more cards on the next hand

The difference is, in the mafia scenario, the small stack knows the cards and can take away some of the cards.

I agree there is a time and a place to use the hit, and there is a time and place to not use the hit.

But I don't see the logic in not hitting in this game.

Just now, Tk3 said:

The difference is, in the mafia scenario, the small stack knows the cards and can take away some of the cards.

I agree there is a time and a place to use the hit, and there is a time and place to not use the hit.

But I don't see the logic in not hitting in this game.

like i said, differnt play styles, but the odds were way slanted towards the shot hitting town over scum the first night or two, even you have to admit that

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

like i said, differnt play styles, but the odds were way slanted towards the shot hitting town over scum the first night or two, even you have to admit that

This is true but as long as the vig is alive he has to shoot imo. The numbers will always be on your side especially if the SK died N1 like he did. If you belive you know who the mafia is you shoot. If not, then you are just saying your vote was completely wrong and then what's the point

Someone should host a game. Hosting it properly would be nice, so I can see a game with no WTF moments and take notes lol 

I don’t think I’ll be hosting again until B.B. is over, but I haven’t played in like 3 months 

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

I appreciate your perspective 

Archived