Will new WRs be better than last years rookies?

James Lofton

Blast me all you want, but I like Moore as a college prospect over Adams.  He was making SEC cornerbacks looks silly, while Adams just seemed solid, not special, considering his level of competition.  Moore seems like a taller Adams on steroids, albeit slighter.  Faster, quicker, with all of the competitiveness and deliberate route running that Adams shows.

However,  Adams may project as a better NFL player due to superior football character and very good ball skills.

18 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I guess the point I'm making is Rodgers may not have other options but to throw to them. There are few late round WR picks who make a big impact over their career, so you point about these guys is not wrong. Somebody is going to have to be thrown to besides, Adams, Cobb and Graham. You can assume it is Allison and that may well be the case. The point is, it could be one of these three rookies and Rodgers is going to throw to them. Again, I'm hoping it is Clark and he's catches double digit TD's. Laugh, but if it's Clark who do you think Rodgers is going to in the redzone. That freak is uncoverable if he can make that leap. It is a very large IF, I understand that. 

St. Brown can be that redzone threat

50 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Now I thought you were going to ignore me.  ;)

It's a good point, but the point remains.  It takes Rodgers a significant chunk of time to trust his targets. 

Jordy Nelson's rookie year was Aaron's first year as a pro.  Jordy had 33 catches in 16 games.

Additionally, Driver was being phased out of the offense in 2011.  Only had 37 catches. 

Glad you're not ignoring me!  Am I still a troll? 

While I agree with you, Moore is almost a lock, draft picks usually stick so... if we were to keep all 3; Rogers has to throw to someone. 

20 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

If a receiver we drafted this year catches over 20 passes, I will change my avatar to any site-appropriate avatar for a full calendar year.  If none of them catch 20 passes or more, whoever takes this bet must select an avatar from the greatest movie ever made for a full calendar year.  The greatest movie ever made of course being John Carpenter's The Thing (1982). 

EDIT: Also, anyone who takes this bet must promise to remind me, win or lose, because there's no way in hell I'm remembering. 

YOUR NOT GETTING RID OF SNAKE PLISSKEN !!!  Make another bet, ? 

22 minutes ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

Blast me all you want, but I like Moore as a college prospect over Adams.  He was making SEC cornerbacks looks silly, while Adams just seemed solid, not special, considering his level of competition.  Moore seems like a taller Adams on steroids, albeit slighter.  Faster, quicker, with all of the competitiveness and deliberate route running that Adams shows.

However,  Adams may project as a better NFL player due to superior football character and very good ball skills.

I won't blast you. I just said earlier that Moore looks to me like the best WR prospect we've had since Jennings.

37 minutes ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

I remember watching that route that Moore put on that Auburn cornerback. It was sick and he total got him turned around. JMon Moore could be really good.

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I won't blast you. I just said earlier that Moore looks to me like the best WR prospect we've had since Jennings.

I totally agree. He's the best route runner I've seen us draft since Jennings. Adams is up there but he doesn't have the elite deep speed that Jennings had or that Moore appears to have. EQ ST Brown is a freak though. I watch his college tape and he looks like Megatron. The way he pulls away from defenders after catching the ball is breathtaking. I'm excited for that kid. Hopefully he pans out. 6'5 guy with 4.4 speed.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

If a receiver we drafted this year catches over 20 passes, I will change my avatar to any site-appropriate avatar for a full calendar year.  If none of them catch 20 passes or more, whoever takes this bet must select an avatar from the greatest movie ever made for a full calendar year.  The greatest movie ever made of course being John Carpenter's The Thing (1982). 

EDIT: Also, anyone who takes this bet must promise to remind me, win or lose, because there's no way in hell I'm remembering. 

I'll take that bet. Not because I think you're wrong, but I really wanna pick your avatar. I'll accept the consequences if I lose. 

I'm not real bullish on Clark. Just didn't see anything but height to build on. I like Geronimo better and I'm not real high on Geronimo. I'm still hoping the Packers acquire a veteran #2 not named Dez. Maybe as a cap casualty before training camp.

Just now, Kepler said:

I'll take that bet. Not because I think you're wrong, but I really wanna pick your avatar. I'll accept the consequences if I lose. 

Fight it out with Norm.  Norm's got dibs on the bet.  I only have one avatar. 

Archived