OT: All of Nothing Wolverines and Dallas Review

dll2000

I binge watched 2017 All or Nothing Michigan Wolverines and Cowboys last couple of days.

Michigan:

It's okay.  Most of the content is sappy or motivational coach talks by Harbaugh or his dad or a guest speaker that you can fast forward through.  

Harbaugh has quickly and suddenly developed these old man hips, posture and walk; like Barkley and Dr. J.   It's strange to see.  

I was very impressed with Harbaugh's assistant head coach, as a coach, a teacher and a man.  I don't know his name.   That guy would be a good hire at some college.  A lot of scenes of him in the booth accurately predicting the very next action good or bad.  Smart football guy with good intuition and instincts.  

His DC is an old school ra ra guy and hard *** college lifer.  Interesting character.

They didn't show much of OC except one episode where he had Oline to his house.

At first I thought Rashan Gary was a moron, but he just has a strange personality.  He is actually quite smart.  I would say he needs to make more plays when games are on the line and not melt so much when things are going bad.  He is still really young so he is supposed to be immature, but you still really notice it.    

They spent a lot of time on their DE who liked to dye his hair and talk trash, but really has a heart of gold, blah, blah, blah.  You can fast forward through that stuff.

Most of show focused on ineptness of the QBs as they traded the starting job back and forth.  Having been involved in high school sports and watched recruiting now for a number of years, colleges drop ball and miss out on so many QBs that don't have good coaching or don't come from good programs.  How Michigan with pick of any kids in whole country picked those 3 kids to be QBs is beyond me.  

If you don't think Barkley is that good, you should see DC face when he is watching the Iowa film.  He mutters to himself, "We live in a scary world."  Then you should hear what assistant HC said in booth at kickoff, "Did you see their running back's body and legs?!?"  Then very first play Barkley breaks for a long touchdown in a Penn State route.   That guy is not your usual RB prospect.  

Cowboys:

Cards and Rams were definitely more interesting shows.  Cowboys did a lot of staging and good guy acting, especially at first,  much of that you can fast forward through.

You can see the Zeke thing was a big distraction and cost them a number of games.  

Bryant was a very combustible personality and a distraction.  Most entertaining part of whole series is when he gets in a practice fight with a rookie CB.  Bryant beat him on a rep and flipped ball at him like a jerk.  Kid went nuts and it escalated from there.  Its probably on youtube if you don't have Amazon Prime.

Sean Lee is an impressive player and leader.  Guy just makes plays and is a coach on and off the field.  He's like Mike Brown though in that he can't stay healthy.  He will make a good coach if he wants to be one.  Team is so much better when he is healthy and on the field.  One of biggest factors on whether that team is good or not.  

After the cornerback/Dez fight the best part of whole series wasn't the Cowboys.  Jones grandson was quarterbacking in Texas state championship game and led his team back to win down 10 with like 2 minutes left.  He threw for some ridiculous and crazy stats -  like 560 yards or something.

57 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

After the cornerback/Dez fight the best part of whole series wasn't the Cowboys.  Jones grandson was quarterbacking in Texas state championship game and led his team back to win down 10 with like 2 minutes left.  He threw for some ridiculous and crazy stats -  like 560 yards or something.

Living in Texas, all high school football playoffs is televised. I watched that championship, and it was one of the best games, NFL and NCAA included, that i watched all year. it was incredible 

Archived