2019 NFL Draft Prospect Comparisons Thread

Shylo3716

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Austin said:

I'm going to compare Deandre Baker to trash. 

Ummmm you base this of what exactly?  Because you are flat out wrong I feel.  Baker is easily one of the best corners in the up coming draft and will be a 1st round pick.  

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Ummmm you base this of what exactly?  Because you are flat out wrong I feel.  Baker is easily one of the best corners in the up coming draft and will be a 1st round pick.  

He can't cover big receivers. Guys like Julio Jones and Mike Evans are going to own him. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Austin said:

He can't cover big receivers. Guys like Julio Jones and Mike Evans are going to own him. 

Your proof of that is what?  Name me a corner that is awesome against those two players in the NFL?  Baker can cover and do so well and still make plays on the football, tackles aggressively and is having a great season.  

Sure it is not everything but Hall on Missouri is a NFL prospect at WR, and Baker totally shut him down in that game this past week.  And has played lights out all season long with awesome play against South Carolina who has multiple NFL prospects at WR.  Kid is a stud corner and sure might struggle against the most physically dominating WR in the NFL Julio Jones, yeah and.  

Just now, Ozzy said:

Your proof of that is what?  Name me a corner that is awesome against those two players in the NFL?  Baker can cover and do so well and still make plays on the football, tackles aggressively and is having a great season.  

Sure it is not everything but Hall on Missouri is a NFL prospect at WR, and Baker totally shut him down in that game this past week.  And has played lights out all season long with awesome play against South Carolina who has multiple NFL prospects at WR.  Kid is a stud corner and sure might struggle against the most physically dominating WR in the NFL Julio Jones, yeah and.  

Didn’t allow Hall to catch a pass... who is 6’3. This guy must be a Missouri fan.

DeAndre Baker has been excellent so far this year. He was hyped as a 1st round prospect before the season and has done nothing but support those claims with his on-field play. Not sure how someone could come up with an argument to deny his talent.

Both Baker and Greedy Williams have backed up their pre-season rankings as the top CB's in the nation.

On 9/24/2018 at 8:34 PM, Jimmy Austin said:

No this DB class is not that impressive, IMO. Greedy could be a mid 2 rounder but there are no game changers in this class. 

Basically this. No Lattimore, Ward, Peters types of talent. Greedy probably is 1st rounder but not a consensus 10 pick like those CB are/would be.

On 9/27/2018 at 3:49 PM, Classic said:

Basically this. No Lattimore, Ward, Peters types of talent. Greedy probably is 1st rounder but not a consensus 10 pick like those CB are/would be.

I believe Greedy is most definitely a better talent than Peters was. I don’t know against the other two, though.

On 9/24/2018 at 11:34 PM, Jimmy Austin said:

No this DB class is not that impressive, IMO. Greedy could be a mid 2 rounder but there are no game changers in this class. 

No way is Greedy Williams a mid 2nd rounder in any draft class. I don't even like LSU, but that dude is supremely talented and doesn't have a lot of bad tape. There is a 0% chance that, barring a catastrophic injury, Greedy Williams doesn't go in the top 20.

And DeAndre Baker could slide because IIRC he's not very big and doesn't seem crazy fast, but he's got excellent tape and ball production. He doesn't give up anything easy. In a loaded DB class last year, Mike Hughes went in the 1st round.....DeAndre Baker is better than Mike Hughes. It's hard to imagine a world where he doesn't go in the 1st round.

Archived