2019 NFL Draft Prospect Comparisons Thread

Shylo3716

On 12/2/2018 at 10:13 PM, Rich7sena said:

David Montgomery: Kareem Hunt with more quickness.

Kareem Hunt with less quickness would have made more sense to me. Plus, he's a much better pass catcher.

Darrell Henderson: Alvin Kamara with more long speed.

That's too high of praise for Henderson. Kamara is an elite receiving threat. Henderson is a solid receiving back at best. Plus Kamara is significantly smoother.

K'Neal Harry: Alshon Jeffery.

N'Keal. And this is a fine comparison.

Hakeem Butler: Malcom Floyd.

Floyd is as stiff as a board. Butler has a lot more wiggle and long speed than Floyd ever had. I am having a hard time coming up with a Butler comparison because he's a rare kind of WR.

7 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Hakeem Butler: Malcom Floyd.

Floyd is as stiff as a board. Butler has a lot more wiggle and long speed than Floyd ever had. I am having a hard time coming up with a Butler comparison because he's a rare kind of WR.

Fluid and physical is a good way to describe Butler

On 12/4/2018 at 2:20 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Fluid and physical is a good way to describe Butler

I don't see the fluidity in his route running. I see it mainly in his ability to adjust to the ball. Right now, I don't think he gets open in the NFL against may to man coverage or tight zone--he's not a nuanced route runner.

He would be best paired with a QB who's willing to throw him open and in an offense that isn't overly based on timing and precision. I actually really like him with Carr and especially if Gruden is willing to loosen up and someone simplify the offense--which he has in recent weeks.

8 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't see the fluidity in his route running. I see it mainly in his ability to adjust to the ball. Right now, I don't think he gets open in the NFL against may to man coverage or tight zone--he's not a nuanced route runner.

He would be best paired with a QB who's willing to throw him open and in an offense that isn't overly based on timing and precision. I actually really like him with Carr and especially if Gruden is willing to loosen up and someone simplify the offense--which he has in recent weeks.

Kewl....

9 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't see the fluidity in his route running. I see it mainly in his ability to adjust to the ball.

But he's quick as heck with the ball in his hands. He's a legitimate RAC threat. He's got several moves in the open field and is a pain in the butt to get to the ground. His routes are a little bit stiff, but I wouldn't call him a HORRIBLE route runner. But yeah I agree that he doesn't use his quicks to separate when running routes.

27 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

But he's quick as heck with the ball in his hands. He's a legitimate RAC threat. He's got several moves in the open field and is a pain in the butt to get to the ground. His routes are a little bit stiff, but I wouldn't call him a HORRIBLE route runner. But yeah I agree that he doesn't use his quicks to separate when running routes.

He looks fast as heck with the ball in his hands but I would call him quick. He is a pain to bring down because he's so strong despite looking pretty lean. I want him to be Mike Evans, but Evans looks clearly more fluid to me as an athlete. Maybe Plaxico Buress is a better comp.

53 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

He looks fast as heck with the ball in his hands but I would call him quick. He is a pain to bring down because he's so strong despite looking pretty lean. I want him to be Mike Evans, but Evans looks clearly more fluid to me as an athlete. Maybe Plaxico Buress is a better comp.

Evans was way better. Burress is a nice comp. I like that one a lot.

On 11/3/2018 at 7:49 PM, Calvert28 said:

Not a knock on Grier but when I see him play I keep seeing Andy Dalton with his mechanics, quick release, attributes and physical ability.

I agree 100%.  When our fans start talking about him, I fear another mediocre decade.

DeAndre Baker reminds me of a taller Leon Hall.

3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I agree 100%.  When our fans start talking about him, I fear another mediocre decade.

DeAndre Baker reminds me of a taller Leon Hall.

He certainly could be. Although I think he takes quite a few chances with the ball.

Archived