Chris "The Panzer" Ezeala

alfalcone

If y'all didn't see, Baltimore was awarded a fullback from Germany to the practice squad; Chris Ezeala.  Obviously he has limited experience, but he has freakish triangle numbers, and plays a position that requires less of a football IQ than say QB, I'd love to see him make the active roster at some point this season, if only because I have christened the nickname "The Panzer".

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Awarded-Another-Rookie-And-Hes-From-Germany/d97826cc-a1a4-43a4-a162-16a25d767d84

I’m all for underdog stories happening. So hopefully he makes some noise. But I’ll wait to get excited until I see him show out in preseason.

From what I saw of his highlight reel, it reminded me of watching a high school highlight reel for a 4 Star recruit. The speed and power of the other athletes seemed below par. Certainly not collegiate level athletes.

So more than likely I see him making the practice squad and getting a season or two to develop. FWIW his defense and his kick coverage looked to be his best skill set at this point. He was listed at fullback, but played more like a HB within that offense. Being a lead blocker is a whole other animal. I think his best way to make a roster will be to dominate on coverage teams.

Archived