2018 Raiders - Reasons to be Optimistic

Darbsk

On 03/05/2018 at 5:54 AM, Humble_Beast said:

keep it brief

1) Better coaching - I might be in the minority, but I think this team is closer to the 12-4 team and has one of the more talented teams in the NFL

2) Derek Carr healthy- when Carr got hurt, the season was over.. 

3) 2018 draft has the potential to be the best since 2014- POTENTIALLY the p word, we address both TACKLE SPOTS ( Carr injured ruined the last two years), find an edge rusher who could have a been a first rounder, took care of DT spot(weak spot), find a starting corner, 

4) got rid of all the bad characters- Aldon, King, Crabtree ... cleaned out the locker room

I can get on board with points 1 to 3 but can't really agree with #4 here;

We replaced Aldon with Arden Key, Crabtree with Martavis Bryant and King with a couple of character question marks such as Armonty Bryant, Azeem Victor and Doug Martin so that's a wash for me. 

22 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I can get on board with points 1 to 3 but can't really agree with #4 here;

We replaced Aldon with Arden Key, Crabtree with Martavis Bryant and King with a couple of character question marks such as Armonty Bryant, Azeem Victor and Doug Martin so that's a wash for me. 

He's been cut already, but I get your point.

We looked like the favorites to challenge the Pats in 2016 then Carr got hurt. I'm sure that injury lingered in his mind but we looked right on track the first 2 games...

The Redskins punched us in the mouth so hard we didn't realize how soft we actually were. We were a choclate dipped icecream. A hard shell with soft creamy filling on the inside. A couple of hard nuts like Lynch and Osemele but not enough to flavor, just a hint of toughness. LOL Then Carr breaks his back...YIKES and misses ONE GAME!!!

We had 'hope' until we lost the Dallas game. Carr was giving it all he had and lost the ball as he crosses the goalline. After two major injuries that I'm sure were in his mind in 2017 and you wonder what happened last season?!? A healthy Carr (hence two Tackles early) and the team is a playoff contender. Wish Mack would sign as I like having both leaders locked up for half of Chuck's reign. Contracts are getting WAY out of hand, first Cousins and now Ryans?!? Carr's contract is looking better every day so hopefully Mack's will get done soon before I'm seeing a non QB getting QB money...

EDIT: I forgot to mention the coaching is better. Whitehead and Johnson will add more toughness. The interior pass rush got some youth and talent added. CB's don't worry me with Melvin, Conley, Worley, Wright, and Nelson. WR got a boost. Crabs and Nelson were a wash in my mind but adding Bryant and Switzer makes me more comfortable if Cooper goes down. TE and RB needs some young talent but were good for now if healthy. More Carr insurance with Miller and Parker, even if I didn't agree with the picks at the time. It does give us some needed depth that hopefully starts sooner than later.

Archived