Denzel Ward

Ward Pick Yay or Nay   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Ward Pick Yay or Nay

• Yay! 🤗
    • Nay! 😤

On 5/9/2018 at 10:35 AM, pnies20 said:

Bobbrown

who was the dude that left after he said jimmy clauses should go top 10 to the Browns?

bobbobrown aint leave on his own bro
also gotta feelin that dizzy dean may  know said bobbobrown

On 5/9/2018 at 9:29 AM, BleedTheClock said:

I love nostalgia. Anyone else got any old posters they 'member?

Pastordawg seems to have fallen off a cliff.

Frye2Edwards

Braylon4MVP

mistakebythelake

SwissMiss

G-Race22

I think those were a few other old ones.

bruh

On 5/9/2018 at 9:21 AM, MWil23 said:

Go away with your negative vibes. Good riddance to him. He was an absolute CLOWN. Also, if you're registered under another username and reading this, maybe you've changed, but I'm still angry about the warning that you gave me when you were inebriated back in 2007 when I debated Brady Quinn with you even though I accept(ed) your hungover apology the next morning.

and i thought i was bad at holding grudges

lol
jk i dont really care if u got internet beef

Just now, mistakey said:

and i thought i was bad at holding grudges

I meant most of it in good fun, except for the clown part...and the part about the warning he gave me, upheld by webby, while he was inebriated. That part was true. Webby then rescinded my warning and issued him a temporary ban, followed by a perma-ban. LOL

Just now, mistakey said:

lol
jk i dont really care if u got internet beef

No beef here for the moment. I'm trying to go an entire week without complaining. I realized I've been doing WAY too much complaining lately and I'm trying to change that and become more positive. This is Day 3 so far. I'm trying to extend it as long as possible.

36 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I meant most of it in good fun, except for the clown part...and the part about the warning he gave me, upheld by webby, while he was inebriated. That part was true. Webby then rescinded my warning and issued him a temporary ban, followed by a perma-ban. LOL

No beef here for the moment. I'm trying to go an entire week without complaining. I realized I've been doing WAY too much complaining lately and I'm trying to change that and become more positive. This is Day 3 so far. I'm trying to extend it as long as possible.

You need to quit complaining about how negative you’ve been bruh, you’re really dragging me down.

On 5/15/2018 at 9:28 AM, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Man still no word on Ward's Jersey #? I thought for sure they would have them assigned by now. 

all the remaining jersey numbers suck 

My guess is he doesnt pick an offical number till final cuts

once Jamar Taylor is gone he'll pick 21

• 3 months later...

I was high on Ward after we drafted him, and he has looked like an impressive rookie this preseason, so here is my analysis.

Ward has played 34 snaps this preseason, with 21 in coverage. Out of those 21, he allowed five catches on six targets, but limited those catches to 36 total yards and only one first down.

What is more impressive is that, on all 34 snaps, Ward has covered the other team's primary corner. So out of 21 passing plays, the #1 opposing wide receiver has only caught five passes, and averaged a little over seven yards per catch.

Ward definitely looks like a rookie. He has struggled when he gets beat on short-yard pass attempts. Nonetheless, even on those attempts, he recovers well, and he has been elite at defending intermediate- and long-range passes.

1 hour ago, jking948 said:

I was high on Ward after we drafted him, and he has looked like an impressive rookie this preseason, so here is my analysis.

Ward has played 34 snaps this preseason, with 21 in coverage. Out of those 21, he allowed five catches on six targets, but limited those catches to 36 total yards and only one first down.

What is more impressive is that, on all 34 snaps, Ward has covered the other team's primary corner. So out of 21 passing plays, the #1 opposing wide receiver has only caught five passes, and averaged a little over seven yards per catch.

Ward definitely looks like a rookie. He has struggled when he gets beat on short-yard pass attempts. Nonetheless, even on those attempts, he recovers well, and he has been elite at defending intermediate- and long-range passes.

Also would you count getting beat on a short yard pass attempt as a failure? If a QB wants to throw a short pass let him. You trust the defense to pursuit to the ball. I wouldn’t want to get beat on any kind of pass but I would rather get beat on a short pass then a medium or long pass. Short pass still most likely makes them face a 2nd or 3rd. With Garrett a 2nd and short can easily turn into a 3rd and medium or 3rd and long in a heart beat!!!

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Also would you count getting beat on a short yard pass attempt as a failure? If a QB wants to throw a short pass let him. You trust the defense to pursuit to the ball. I wouldn’t want to get beat on any kind of pass but I would rather get beat on a short pass then a medium or long pass. Short pass still most likely makes them face a 2nd or 3rd. With Garrett a 2nd and short can easily turn into a 3rd and medium or 3rd and long in a heart beat!!!

No, at the end of the day it is totally fine. The bigger issue is if he gets beat by a receiver that can get past him. But, honestly, he is so far along as a rookie that I am really not concerned at all. The kid is going to be a beast.

Archived