Denzel Ward

Ward Pick Yay or Nay   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Ward Pick Yay or Nay

• Yay! 🤗
    • Nay! 😤

So the more I think about this pick the more I love it. I think Chubb is a 2nd tier DE (and that's no knock on him as he's still really good just not great) but that's my opinion. I think Ward will be the best defensive player from this draft. With that said now that all the dust has settled from the draft, how are you feeling about not just Ward but the whole draft in general? 

Also on another note and really the reason for this topic in the 1st place, has anyone heard about what Jersey # Ward is gonna wear (I'm gonna buy it as soon as I know the Jersey #, I know Mayfield is #6 but haven't heard about Ward)? I know DB's in the NFL wear between 20-49 and Ward were 12 at tOSU so any rumblings? I live in Florida so I don't get all the media like in OH. Discuss 

6 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Loved Ward predraft love him postdraft. 

Only because he’s a Buckeye ?

That's def a bonus him being from tOSU especially with there track record recently but I'm def digging his game even if he wasn't. 

I'm assuming no word on his Jersey yet, bummer I was hoping I could order that today. 

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

If his floor is Joe Haden and his ceiling is Frank Minnefield, I'm good with where we took him

That's pretty bold for a floor of a one year starter. I much prefer building through trenches, I would've gone Chubb 10 out of 10 times.

9 minutes ago, Bernie's Curls said:

That's pretty bold for a floor of a one year starter. I much prefer building through trenches, I would've gone Chubb 10 out of 10 times.

If the browns had no talent on their DL, Chubb might of been the pick. Three aspect to the NFL. Have the QB, get the person to go after the QB, and get the person who can limit  QB can do with the ball. 

I believe Ward is going to be a stud for us!

10 minutes ago, Bernie's Curls said:

I would agree with you if this was next year and the DL prospects have higher ceilings for the #4 pick. Taking a 2nd tier player with the #4 pick is not ideal and that's what Chubb is IMO (I think we can all agree Chubb is no Garrett right?) but Ward's ceiling is way higher, in my opinion he could be great. I guess anyone could be great at this point but you get where I'm going, at least I hope you do lol. 

Bradley Chubb is overrated as hell. Denzel Ward is underrated as hell. I have had him as the #3 player in this class the entire draft process.

1. Nelson OG

2. Barkley RB

3. Ward CB

4. James FS

5. Vea NT

^^^^^^^
those were the elite of the elites when it came to the draft. I found those 5 guys to be future franchise cornerstones with HOF-type potential. So yeah, I'm thrilled we avoided average Chubb and went out and got Ward--a bigger need and a better player--instead.

1 hour ago, Bernie's Curls said:

One year starter, yes, but he was playing behind a bunch of first rounders.  And he was still playing.

Just now, candyman93 said:

How many guys are starting over Gareon Conley and Marshon Lattimore....?

Exactly.

By this rationale, we should all stand in line and insult Barry Sanders for backing up Thurman Thomas.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

One year starter, yes, but he was playing behind a bunch of first rounders.  And he was still playing.

I actually called him a 2 year starter, remember he started as a nickel back with Conley and Lattimore. OSU played a lot of nickel last year vs spread teams

3 hours ago, Bernie's Curls said:

Bradley Chubb is not going to stop us from having a fierce pass rush. I think a lot of us got drunk off the idea of having 3 pass rushers on the field and im a pass rush guy but I think the Browns did the right thing by taking the balanced approach. And remember, having good  press man corners are worth their weight in gold and help buy the pass rush get there. You'll see this year

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Exactly.

By this rationale, we should all stand in line and insult Barry Sanders for backing up Thurman Thomas.

That wasn't my rationale. It was one year of starting experience and the Combine establishing a "floor of Joe Haden". 

Archived