Denzel Ward

Ward Pick Yay or Nay   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Ward Pick Yay or Nay

• Yay! 🤗
    • Nay! 😤

36 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Personally  I thought we needed a DT more.

My vote would have been Mo Hurst there.

1. Mayfield

1. Ward

2. Sutton

2. Chubb

3. Hurst

4. Callaway

5. Avery

could you imagine....

From what I've heard, the Browns really liked Hurst's ability, but the heart issue was too much of a concern for them. I can't knock them for that. Certain things like the Callaway and Harrison off-the-field issues can be alleviated. A heart disorder...not so much.

10 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

From what I've heard, the Browns really liked Hurst's ability, but the heart issue was too much of a concern for them. I can't knock them for that. Certain things like the Callaway and Harrison off-the-field issues can be alleviated. A heart disorder...not so much.

I’d have rather they rolled the dice on Hurst’s heart than Thomas’s talent.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Easy to play revisiont history.

a lot of ppl were scratching there heads at Callaway and Avery. Corb pick only looks bad cause Harrison pick was too amazing. Wasn’t for him, Corb would be the starting LG. 

Obviously its easy to look back.

I agree that Avery was a BRILLIANT pick and I was questioning it.  This is the true gem in the draft and Dorsey deserves all the credit it the world for this.

Callaway I don't think anyone was really scratching their heads.  He was a first round talent with off field issues, the 4th round was a great place to make the pick.  Dorsey did this before with Hill, I personally was expecting us to take Callaway and know a lot on here were too.

Corbett was a bad pick at the time and is still a bad pick.  Harrison playing well looks great but Corbett was a Guard, he was never the answer at LT.  Moving Bitonio to LT instead of guard was never a long term solution.  There was a Tackle I really liked there in Connor Williams who might have been a better pick (in my oppinion) but the biggest strength and most money invested in our team was at Guard, and we drafted an unknown guard when other players like Courtland Sutton, Like Harold Landry, Like Connor Williams, Like Christian Kirk, like Anthony Miller, like Josh Jackson, like James Washington, like Isaiah Oliver, like Carlton Davis, like Mo Hurst would have made MUCH more sense.  Moving him to Center some day could work, but thats asking a guy to move from Tackle to Center which is a hard transition.  I loved most of Dorseys draft, but Corbett wasn't a good pick.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Would still have problems with WRs. Still be no josh Gordon and Higgins would still be hurt. I don’t see Dorsey double dipping on WRs. Still be thin at the positional group

Yes of course we would still have issues, but maybe with Sutton or with Washington we could have another pair of reliable hands who knows the offense right now.  Baker is 5th in the NFL in the number of times his passes have been dropped.  Ndjoku needs to work on his hands,  Callaway needs to work on his hands.  Higgins was good but is hurt.  Gordon was good but is gone.  Jarvis can't be the only guy we throw to on third when we need a catch.  It sure would have been nice to have a sure handed guy like Sutton or Washington instead of a Guard who has been inactive for half our games...

37 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This.

I think the the players decision to play.  He has played his whole career with this and if he wants to continue I have no problem letting him.

It sucks to let a talent like that slip to another team whos willing to take a shot when hes a great guy, has a great attitude, and wanted to play.

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It's easy to say that now. There were a lot of talented DT's on the board at that time. I don't agree with the Thomas pick right now, either. But, we don't know if Hurst's career will be cut short because of his condition. It's a serious risk. He's a top 15 talent and he fell that far because a number of teams took him off their boards. Again, I can't blame Dorsey for passing on him. It's completely understandable and he shouldn't be knocked for passing on Hurst. Knock him for Chad Thomas all you want, hell I might do it, but not for the decision to not take Hurst.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Easy to play revisiont history.

a lot of ppl were scratching there heads at Callaway and Avery. Corb pick only looks bad cause Harrison pick was too amazing. Wasn’t for him, Corb would be the starting LG. 

Revisionist history is pretending folks were scratching their heads at Calloway.

Everyone pegged him to us because of Dorsey and his history, man with the exact pick we used on him.

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

It's easy to say that now. There were a lot of talented DT's on the board at that time. I don't agree with the Thomas pick right now, either. But, we don't know if Hurst's career will be cut short because of his condition. It's a serious risk. He's a top 15 talent and he fell that far because a number of teams took him off their boards. Again, I can't blame Dorsey for passing on him. It's completely understandable and he shouldn't be knocked for passing on Hurst. Knock him for Chad Thomas all you want, hell I might do it, but not for the decision to not take Hurst.

It was easy for me to say then because I’d never heard of Chad Thomas.

If you have the opportunity to take a top 15 talent in the 3rd, do it.

Honestly Hurst wouldn’t have been *my* pick at that spot, I wanted Hubbard, but either would be an improvement over Thomas imo.

Since this has turned into a "I would have drafted _____________ thread, here's mine:

1. Darnold: I feel like we got the right guy in Baker. That said, we'll know in 2-3 years, as Darnold is looking better as a rookie than I thought he would.

4. Ward: I said it at the time and I'll say it again, I couldn't love this pick any more

33. I was pounding the table for Courland Sutton, Will Hernandez, or Harold Landry. Going interior OL and passing on Hernandez was laughable, and Courtland Sutton looks like the legit #1 option that I thought he would be. Landry is a decent rotational guy

35. I wanted Guice, but was actually thrilled with Chubb.

64. I wanted Sam Hubbard and Jerome Baker, in that order, as well as Hurst. All three look VERY good so far. I was extremely unhappy with the Chad Thomas pick then and even moreso now.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Revisionist history is pretending folks were scratching their heads at Calloway.

Everyone pegged him to us because of Dorsey and his history, man with the exact pick we used on him.

No one was surprised with the Calloway pick because of Dorsey’s past but I doubt Dorsey spends a pick on Sutton than trade up for Calloway. That’s prolly also why Dorsey didn’t take a WR early on cause he knew he would get Calloway later on

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

No one was surprised with the Calloway pick because of Dorsey’s past but I doubt Dorsey spends a pick on Sutton than trade up for Calloway. That’s prolly also why Dorsey didn’t take a WR early on cause he knew he would get Calloway later on

So Dorsey knew Calloway wouldn’t get picked before he planned to draft him and planned his other picks around that?

ffs buno....

1 hour ago, CBrownsman said:

This.

I think the the players decision to play.  He has played his whole career with this and if he wants to continue I have no problem letting him.

It sucks to let a talent like that slip to another team whos willing to take a shot when hes a great guy, has a great attitude, and wanted to play.

True every team passes on him, several times. It’s not like the browns let him slip. 

Also he might of been find playing with it his whole career but with multiple teams medical staffs flagged him, there should be some concerns. Dude was a 1st rd talent with UDFA health issues 

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

True every team passes on him, several times. It’s not like the browns let him slip. 

Also he might of been find playing with it his whole career but with multiple teams medical staffs flagged him, there should be some concerns. Dude was a 1st rd talent with UDFA health issues 

I don't disagree there was probably a great deal of concerns.  But with the number of draft picks we had I feel those are risks we could have taken.  

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So Dorsey knew Calloway wouldn’t get picked before he planned to draft him and planned his other picks around that?

ffs buno....

Prolly knew the range where Calloway would go and had draft strategies that involved him. How ffs are were suppose to truly know...

dude goes into the draft with a lot more intel than we do. Prolly has a good feel for other GMs, scouts, and whatever. They all do. It’s like how @Mind Character got his intel on what Dorsey was going to do. Others had a feel for him. Could easily have a draft plan of when certain guys make it to a certain round that’s when he will draft them. Prolly had a feeling with the 4th rd starting and that might others might be targeting that he traded up for him

Archived