Denzel Ward

Ward Pick Yay or Nay   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Ward Pick Yay or Nay

40 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I think he's generalizing, not being literal. Chubb was beat consensus top 5, and Fitzpatrick was beat consensus top 5 until a month or two before the draft.

I know he was. I'm just saying I was pretty vocal about hating Chubb in the top 5. I thought he was a 10-20 range prospect. I also was pretty low on Fitzpatrick. I though James would be the better S. I thought they were both in the 5-15 range.

41 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

My thoughts were Darnold at 1 or bust and then trade down ot nelson at 4.

Then as the draft rolled on I thought WTF.

I was Darnold at 1 and I liked a trade down but was intrigued by ward. Wasn’t a big Chubb fan. My interest in ward felt like homerism and need, I’m glad it wasn’t. 

14 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I was Darnold at 1 and I liked a trade down but was intrigued by ward. Wasn’t a big Chubb fan. My interest in ward felt like homerism and need, I’m glad it wasn’t. 

I was anti chubb as well. the man is a brick, he doesn't look to bend that well. 

On 9/8/2018 at 11:48 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Peppers was highlighted because of his versatility and on-field accomplishments, which are much more traditional/normal now.

Tebow was a “star” in large part because of his personality and faith, JFF his attitude and production.

Tebow will always be a draw to the Christian fans, JFF comtinued to be a sideshow off the field and his epic flameout was noteworthy.

Peppers was always just a dude playing football, and still is, now he’s playing a more traditional role.  Also, Peppers wasn’t the star the other two were, you probably just got inundated with it because of your location and the local media.

**And the fact that Tebow has a winning record as a starter with a playoff win over the #1 ranked defense in the NFL. :)

@Kiwibrown  In reference to your video--- as soon as Ward learns how to flip his hips when hes running downfield and not just basically faceguard (which he was taught by Coombs) he is going to be next level. I dont expect that for another 2-3 years, but if learns that he is a athlete that can keep up with WRs on go routes while keeping his head turned looking at the QB to know when he throws, hes going to be next level.

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

@Kiwibrown  In reference to your video--- as soon as Ward learns how to flip his hips when hes running downfield and not just basically faceguard (which he was taught by Coombs) he is going to be next level. I dont expect that for another 2-3 years, but if learns that he is a athlete that can keep up with WRs on go routes while keeping his head turned looking at the QB to know when he throws, hes going to be next level.

I remember some people, not sure if it was you or others talking about Ward or OSU corners not locating the ball, but just sticking to their man. I am glad ard finds the ball, he maybe better than Marshon Lattimore which is huge. 

I don't know all the technical terms but he suck like crap to a blanket most of the time with John Brown 

I think Ill be pissed when they stop throwing at him and has one of those years where plays lights out and has 30 tackles, 1 int and 10 pass deflections. 

7 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I remember some people, not sure if it was you or others talking about Ward or OSU corners not locating the ball, but just sticking to their man. I am glad ard finds the ball, he maybe better than Marshon Lattimore which is huge. 

I don't know all the technical terms but he suck like crap to a blanket most of the time with John Brown 

I think Ill be pissed when they stop throwing at him and has one of those years where plays lights out and has 30 tackles, 1 int and 10 pass deflections. 

Yep, but that takes time to learn. He is fantastic right now for where he is at. I remember (my comp for his play style) Champ Bailey was a insane athlete as well, about in 2005 he learned how to run stride for stride with WRs downfield with his hips open. Which makes him **homer alert** the best cover corner Ive seen. He mastered the ability to use his 4.3 speed/quickness/technique to actually run laterally down the field stuck to the WRs hip. Almost shielding the WR between the ball and sideline on a full sprint while his eyes were on the QB the entire time. Which led to a lot of his INTs. He wouldnt run straight and look back--but run with his hips open the entire time downfield if that makes sense.

Ward I feel like has the smarts, technique and athleticism to learn the same thing over time. I hope he gets there because he clearly has the cover/PBU ability. What will really make QBs fear him is knowing he is always waiting on the route with his eyes on the QB downfield. Ward is a stud.

Archived