Denzel Ward

Ward Pick Yay or Nay   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Ward Pick Yay or Nay

Do y'all think it's possible we have what the saints had last year with the offensive and defensive rookies of the year? I think it's trending that way ecs if Ward stays anywhere near his current rate. Baker is only competing right now with Saquon 

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

@AkronsWitness

What we have is 

A franchise 

Qb

Cb

De

DT 

And good offensiveline, we just need to keep the roster filled with good players around them and we are set for the next 4-5 years

Absolutely agree and adding to that we have someone like Landry that is locked up that is not only a vocal leader but a stud. (I thought he was overrated before seeing him on a reg). Its crazy how young and talented we are at damn near every position. At this time every year for the last say 5-8 yrs there's been a obvious need to draft and this year I feel like where we will end up picking we can just go bpa which to me is perfect. 

On 4/24/2018 at 6:18 PM, buno67 said:

I want chubb but would be happy with either one of them

(Barkley was the other guy)

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Ward has more rookies of week awards than Bradley Chubb has sacks. Let that sink in lol. 

Let’s stop pretending you were on the Ward hype train early.  You wanted Chubb at 4 like the rest of us.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

(Barkley was the other guy)

Let’s stop pretending you were on the Ward hype train early.  You wanted Chubb at 4 like the rest of us.

I stated a few times that I loved Ward on the board before the draft. Heck stated here that I loved Ward Chubb Darnold and Barkley. 

Here is an exact quote 

I like 4 guys a lot for the Browns, Darnold, Chubb, Barkley, and Ward. They have the chance to get two of them, as long as they dont trade down unless its with Denver.”

I just thought Ward was never an option at #4 because you rarely see corners drafted in the top5. But liked him if the browns traded down. 

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

I stated a few times that I loved Ward on the board before the draft. Heck stated here that I loved Ward Chubb Darnold and Barkley. 

Here is an exact quote 

I like 4 guys a lot for the Browns, Darnold, Chubb, Barkley, and Ward. They have the chance to get two of them, as long as they dont trade down unless its with Denver.”

I just thought Ward was never an option at #4 because you rarely see corners drafted in the top5. But liked him if the browns traded down. 

I’m not doubting you liked him, most liked him myself included, I just doubted whether he was a top 4 overall talent in this draft. Glad I was wrong obviously.

Most people didn’t rate him as highly as Lattimore who went 11.

There’s just this sentiment lately that some (not necessarily saying you) never doubted the pick and Ward was your guy all along and “lol people wanted Chubb over this guy at 4 lollololol” and it’s a BS narrative.

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

I'm not a big OSU fan, but it's a bonus that he went to Ohio State.  It was getting painful to watch the Cam Heywards and the Ryan Shaziers go to the Steelers, while we draft Brian Robiskie.

At long last, the tide is turning.

Couldn’t agree more.

Im not the guy who wants to draft every OSU guy just because they went to OSU, but it’s not like there haven’t been a slew of talented dudes to come through there and we seem to almost avoid taking them while other teams ****** them up.

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not doubting you liked him, most liked him myself included, I just doubted whether he was a top 4 overall talent in this draft. Glad I was wrong obviously.

Most people didn’t rate him as highly as Lattimore who went 11.

There’s just this sentiment lately that some (not necessarily saying you) never doubted the pick and Ward was your guy all along and “lol people wanted Chubb over this guy at 4 lollololol” and it’s a BS narrative.

I value need higher than most and that is why I wanted Ward. Didn't see a big, if any improvement from Ogbah to Chubb and a huge improvement with the #1 ranked CB over who we would line up as our #2 (or 1 for that matter).

8 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Well, I'll say it.  I wanted a trade-down at 4.  Next preference was Chubb.  Ward was a distant 3rd for me.

I was dead wrong.

Same for me, although it’s hard to say we were wrong about a trade without knowing what was or wasn’t on the table.

Since we decided to pick at 4, Ward looks like a helluva pick.  Kudos to Dorsey.

Archived