Denzel Ward

Ward Pick Yay or Nay   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Ward Pick Yay or Nay

18 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Id favor barkley at this stage, he had a heck of a game. 

baker will have to take us to the playoff and put up 20tds imo to beat out Barkley. 

Yeah right now it is Barkley. It is mostly a stat driven award and Barkley has a comfortable lead. Baker will end up with 24 TD and 7 INT or so with 3000+ yards so Barkley probably has to go 1400 rushing and 700 receiving with 15 or so TDs to win assuming the Browns don't make the playoffs. If Baker takes the Browns to the playoffs I don't think anyone can beat him out, that is a stat that just can't be beat.

I thought the Browns could have went with Barkley and Chubb then get a QB , do some trading. Now that Mayfield is the real deal and Ward is looking to be elite, the Browns really hit that RD1 this season .  I can't believe how accurate Mayfield is. Maybe one day he will have a competition with Brees hitting objects in the air and see who wins.  If the OL got really good , this would be scary. 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

I thought the Browns could have went with Barkley and Chubb then get a QB , do some trading.

^^^^^

Image result for dumbest thing ever said gif

If you don't have a QB get a QB.

Now that Mayfield is the real deal and Ward is looking to be elite, the Browns really hit that RD1 this season .  I can't believe how accurate Mayfield is. Maybe one day he will have a competition with Brees hitting objects in the air and see who wins.  If the OL got really good , this would be scary. 

Image result for said that right gif

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Id favor barkley at this stage, he had a heck of a game. 

baker will have to take us to the playoff and put up 20tds imo to beat out Barkley. 

I don’t think so. Baker has the better narrative on his side. I think if he has one or two big games and/or more comebacks game winning drives and leads the team to at least 6/7wins the award will be his 

On 10/13/2018 at 7:01 AM, buno67 said:

Ward has more rookies of week awards than Bradley Chubb has sacks. Let that sink in lol. 

On 10/13/2018 at 6:23 PM, hornbybrown said:

Ward has more rookie of the week awards than Chubb has sacks!!??? Great pick Mr Dorsey great pick!!!

48 hours later and Chubb has only half a sack less than Garrett ? 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/Bradley-Chubb-on-pace-to-shatter-NFL-rookie-single-season-sack-record-123519435/ 

“Can you believes dat sum of deez idjuts wanted Chubb over Ward at 4 lolololol”

Just sayin....

I was quite upset when we drafted Ward over Chubb.

That being said, NOT ONLY is ward playing like one of the best CB's in the league....

But Genard Avery is looking like an absolute steal at OLB/DE....

these things together seem to make what we did a good move, regardless of what Chubb does this year.

4 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I was quite upset when we drafted Ward over Chubb.

That being said, NOT ONLY is ward playing like one of the best CB's in the league....

But Genard Avery is looking like an absolute steal at OLB/DE....

these things together seem to make what we did a good move, regardless of what Chubb does this year.

Nah, I’m not arguing we should or shouldn’t have, just that sometimes there’s more than one good option.

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Nah, I’m not arguing we should or shouldn’t have, just that sometimes there’s more than one good option.

Understandable.  I just wanted to emphasize (not particularly to you) that a draft selection isn't always about who could have been there, but also about who's available later.

Ward + Avery looks amazing right now and I give our front office a lot of credit for making the unpopular move because they had a plan

10 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Understandable.  I just wanted to emphasize (not particularly to you) that a draft selection isn't always about who could have been there, but also about who's available later.

Ward + Avery looks amazing right now and I give our front office a lot of credit for making the unpopular move because they had a plan

Avery has been decent, no doubt, but I’m not going to assume he was their plan as far as addressing the pass rusher but waited until round 5 just because.

Archived