Denzel Ward

Ward Pick Yay or Nay   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Ward Pick Yay or Nay

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I agree we’d need a corner, but that scheme has never been necessary. Greggggggg out here acting as if he’s the first DC with bad corners.

True but have you ever seen a team in a single off season completely rebuild their entire secondary like the browns have done? The way they have handled the secondary his offseason shows truly how garbage it truly was

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

True but have you ever seen a team in a single off season completely rebuild their entire secondary like the browns have done? The way they have handled the secondary his offseason shows truly how garbage it truly was

You mean replace 3 starters? Sure we did it last year.  And the year before most likely.

45 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Question is are we sure the Browns didn’t have him as BPA on their board. We think Chubb might of been BPA but we’re not sure. Watching the Build the Browns you can get a feeling that they liked Ward a lot and had him highly rated on their board

Agreed, Dorsey was a big fan of Ward. I can see where he is coming from as Ward is a beast. I think everyone is assuming the FO had Chubb rated higher and picked Ward because of need but Dorsey has said he had them rated equally so in that situation you definitely have to go with the position you need most and for us it was no question CB at least in defense imo. 

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We have 3 first rounders in our secondary.

I expect everybody to be used to their strengths. Randall as a ball hawk, Peppers as a in the box safety, and Ward to be used as a shutdown guy.

I would hope so as it seems like a no brainer but I have learned to never put anything past the Browns FO. I do hope your right though cause I think that secondary would be legit after you add Gaines who will more then likely be the other starting CB on the outside. I think with this secondary with the front 7 of Collins, Shobert, Kirksey, Garrett, Ogunjabi, Brantley/Coley, and Ogbah and we could see drastic improvements across the whole D. 

44 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I would hope so as it seems like a no brainer but I have learned to never put anything past the Browns FO. I do hope your right though cause I think that secondary would be legit after you add Gaines who will more then likely be the other starting CB on the outside. I think with this secondary with the front 7 of Collins, Shobert, Kirksey, Garrett, Ogunjabi, Brantley/Coley, and Ogbah and we could see drastic improvements across the whole D. 

I agree to a point but we cant hold the sins from the old FO to current FO. 

I haven't read all the pages but I believe the ward pick was because of ogbah.  I think he could be really good.  Already stout against the run. Needs a go to move.  I loved the pick ward gonna be absolute stud.  

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We have 3 first rounders in our secondary.

I expect everybody to be used to their strengths. Randall as a ball hawk, Peppers as a in the box safety, and Ward to be used as a shutdown guy.

That he is but shouldn't be starting over Kindred

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Which front office?  

This is an ownership issue.  No front office can fix the issues of the previous regime in 12-18 months.

We’re talking about the secondary. Ownership didn’t build or piece that secondary together...

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

That he is but shouldn't be starting over Kindred

Well something will have to be done cause the browns have a true FS now and have no spot for Peppers. Kindred wasn’t bad last hear but I think Peppers can be better if used as a box player

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

We’re talking about the secondary. Ownership didn’t build or piece that secondary together...

No, but there partly responsible for it.

With new regimes come new schemes and new players as GM’s want “their guys”.  There’s no player development, hasn’t been in years.

That’s definitely on ownership.

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well something will have to be done cause the browns have a true FS now and have no spot for Peppers. Kindred wasn’t bad last hear but I think Peppers can be better if used as a box player

I know,  we basically have two of the same player

Archived