Denzel Ward

Ward Pick Yay or Nay   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Ward Pick Yay or Nay

• Yay! 🤗
    • Nay! 😤

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We have 3 first rounders in our secondary.

I expect everybody to be used to their strengths. Randall as a ball hawk, Peppers as a in the box safety, and Ward to be used as a shutdown guy.

Nice logic ? 

You may have to forward this to Williams. For serious.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I see no reason why he can’t be better than Kindred, who was very solid imo.

I thought he was good as there was in the league playing at the LOS. Didn't he have like 17 TFLs? Not as easy as people think

21 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I thought he was good as there was in the league playing at the LOS. Didn't he have like 17 TFLs? Not as easy as people think

Yeah, he was really solid.

Of course you could argue he was put in a position to make plays whereas Peppers was put out in right field to pick daisies.

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yup.  Most TFLs by a DB in the league.  Kindred is supremely underrated and I don't think we can assume Peppers will be just as good or better.  Really wish Peppers hacked cover safety but given he was playing in no man's land and that was never his strong suit I totally understand why he couldn't.

Wish we didn't draft Peppers but we didn't know Kindred was gonna be good.

50 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yup.  Most TFLs by a DB in the league.  Kindred is supremely underrated and I don't think we can assume Peppers will be just as good or better.  Really wish Peppers hacked cover safety but given he was playing in no man's land and that was never his strong suit I totally understand why he couldn't.

Wish we didn't draft Peppers but we didn't know Kindred was gonna be good.

If we’re playing to our strengths, these two should both be on the field in the big nickel wrecking folks.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we’re playing to our strengths, these two should both be on the field in the big nickel wrecking folks.

Kindred is a boss. 

He will be our best st if we aren’t starting him. 

Also putting pressure on peppers for playing time. 

It will be cool to have a couple of guys patrolling the field laying people out.

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Kindred is a boss. 

He will be our best st if we aren’t starting him. 

Also putting pressure on peppers for playing time. 

It will be cool to have a couple of guys patrolling the field laying people out.

Agreed, it shouldn’t be a one or the other scenario, there’s a spot for both.

I have a feeling Jabrill Peppers plays NCB instead of SS. Kindred is going to beat him out methinks. Peppers is at his best playing outside linebacker...essentially where your NCB lines up schematically. Especially because we run so much zone, I'd imagine Peppers being an excellent fit for that role.

Randall

Ward                                                                                         Kindred                                 Collins                                Schobert              Peppers                                                Gaines 

Garrett                      Ogunjobi                             Brantley                                  Ogbah

19 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I have a feeling Jabrill Peppers plays NCB instead of SS. Kindred is going to beat him out methinks. Peppers is at his best playing outside linebacker...essentially where your NCB lines up schematically. Especially because we run so much zone, I'd imagine Peppers being an excellent fit for that role.

Randall

Ward                                                                                         Kindred                                 Collins                                Schobert              Peppers                                                Gaines 

Garrett                      Ogunjobi                             Brantley                                  Ogbah

It's possible. But it's tough, cause I see two overhang defenders there who are better against the run than the pass (Kindred/Peppers) and one might regularly get forced off for the sake of a more purely cover guy like Taylor/BBC/etc.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just a crazy prediction. If Kindred starts over Peppers, Peppers will be Jamie Collins future replacement at LB.

The Jags have tiny linebackers so it’s not absurd.

Not crazy at all.

Peppers is a stud athlete who should be able to help any defense.

If we can’t find a way to make Peppers useful, that’s on the coaches.

I still think Peppers and Kindred in a big nickel package would be killer.

Gaines                                     Ogbah     Thomas      Ogunjobi      Garrett                          Ward

Kindred                   Collins                           Kirksey

Peppers

Randall 

Archived