Denzel Ward

Ward Pick Yay or Nay   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Ward Pick Yay or Nay

Ward was my "if stuck at #4 pick" and the top non-QB on my board.

Barkley and Chubb both play positions where you can approach their production in the aggregate... something that is impossible to do at CB.

He's a press corner made for Williams' D. A shutdown CB who brings our total of those to 1.

1 hour ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Any word on Ward's Jersey # yet? I've seen every other drafted rookie but him. Very weird 

1 minute ago, Keylargobrownie said:

He wore #12 at Columbus, I'm guessing he'll flip it, so #21 

Bingo. Which is currently taken by Jamar Taylor. Who they seem to be trying to trade. I think he is waiting for Taylor to go bye bye.

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Bingo. Which is currently taken by Jamar Taylor. Who they seem to be trying to trade. I think he is waiting for Taylor to go bye bye.

Good catch, I forget about Jamar, probably because he put up a big bagel in the int department last year

I’m guessing they cut Taylor before camp they’re not able to trade him. Seems to be on the outs in the rotation and good enough to get a shot elsewhere and makes sense to get that chance before camp. 

18 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m guessing they cut Taylor before camp they’re not able to trade him. Seems to be on the outs in the rotation and good enough to get a shot elsewhere and makes sense to get that chance before camp. 

Yeah, he played well under Horton and terrible under Williams. Don't see him making the team or close to it. We are probably trying to get out of his contract. 

also as a player i think he avoids contact. Which is understandable, who wants to tackle RB's and people running really fast, but not good as a career move for a defender. 

12 hours ago, Keylargobrownie said:

He wore #12 at Columbus, I'm guessing he'll flip it, so #21 

He wore #12 during the first day of minicamp.  When people started flipping out that that's Gordon's number, the Browns said it was "just for this weekend."

28 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

It would be robbery to get anything for him. 

I disagree I think he has some value, just in the fact he's showed he can do it in the past. I think we can get a late round from a team with low CB depth on a flier for him. I think he has worth but we now have pretty good secondary depth. He's making a tad over $5 million which isn't too crazy and I think he can be cut with minimal  Guaranteed $ jmo

This guy was my favorite player in the draft. The most important stats to predicting future success are allowed catch rate and "playmaking" (combined interceptions and pass deflections), and Ward excels at both.

-Allowed catch rate: 35% (best in any of the past three drafts)

-Playmaking: 14 combined interceptions and pass deflections on 57 targets (fifth best in the draft)

Ward also can play against taller receivers. This has been the big concern but I think it is flawed. Against receivers taller than 6’1 (38 attempts this year) he allowed 32.4% completion percentage, 131 yards, and 1 TD; while also having FOUR interceptions.

38 minutes ago, jking948 said:

This guy was my favorite player in the draft. The most important stats to predicting future success are allowed catch rate and "playmaking" (combined interceptions and pass deflections), and Ward excels at both.

-Allowed catch rate: 35% (best in any of the past three drafts)

-Playmaking: 14 combined interceptions and pass deflections on 57 targets (fifth best in the draft)

Ward also can play against taller receivers. This has been the big concern but I think it is flawed. Against receivers taller than 6’1 (38 attempts this year) he allowed 32.4% completion percentage, 131 yards, and 1 TD; while also having FOUR interceptions.

Those are some stats I can get behind. I just wish they would tell us his Jersey # so I can buy one, stat!!

3 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Those are some stats I can get behind. I just wish they would tell us his Jersey # so I can buy one, stat!!

I have already ordered one from the Browns store :) They don't ship until the number is revealed.

It's kind of fun getting into the Browns again. I always pulled for them but life really got in the way for awhile. Now that I am back and following the NFL closely, and going to watch football every Sunday, I feel like I needed a Browns jersey. I wasn't sure who to get after Joe Thomas retired. Browns drafting Ward answered my  dilemma!

1 minute ago, jking948 said:

I have already ordered one from the Browns store :) They don't ship until the number is revealed.

It's kind of fun getting into the Browns again. I always pulled for them but life really got in the way for awhile. Now that I am back and following the NFL closely, and going to watch football every Sunday, I feel like I needed a Browns jersey. I wasn't sure who to get after Joe Thomas retired. Browns drafting Ward answered my  dilemma!

Well I see your a new poster so welcome to FF. I'm in the Orlando, FL area and am going to the Tampa game Oct. 21st so I gots to have some new gear lol. 

Archived