Sign in to follow this  
Titans fan 617

Titans Sign S Kendrick Lewis Release Denzel Johnson

MAn... what a crazy fall.  Guy started every game from 2013-2015... nothing crazy but a journeyman type fill-in starter... then got IRed in 2016 and cut and out of football in 2017.

Maybe he's fully recovered and can fill in that 4th S spot... but he has an uphill battle after missing the past 2 seasons essentially. 

We still need a backup FS though... someone with range and speed... maybe Cruikshank can fill that role this year (although I saw him more in the Cyp backup role, he definitely has the athleticism to be a FS).  Maybe Webb locks down the other backup spot, having already played for Coombs.

6 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

MAn... what a crazy fall.  Guy started every game from 2013-2015... nothing crazy but a journeyman type fill-in starter... then got IRed in 2016 and cut and out of football in 2017.

Maybe he's fully recovered and can fill in that 4th S spot... but he has an uphill battle after missing the past 2 seasons essentially. 

We still need a backup FS though... someone with range and speed... maybe Cruikshank can fill that role this year (although I saw him more in the Cyp backup role, he definitely has the athleticism to be a FS).  Maybe Webb locks down the other backup spot, having already played for Coombs.

Will be interesting to see what Pees has planned on defense. Cruikshank definitely fits that SPUR/bandit role, kind of like Tyrann Mathieu in that he is definitely a hybrid. The SS role is probably going the way of the fullback on defense anyhow, in that safeties these days need a combination of size (for thump) and speed (for coverage) that a traditional Bernard Pollard-type guy won't be all that useful. 

This guy is probably a stretch to make the team although there's not much standing in his way aside from UDFA's. 

9 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

I always wanted to try Reed at FS to be honest 

Hell I just want Reed on the field in some way, shape or form.  I still think the guy's a playmaker waiting to happen.