Odds of going Worst to First

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Our OL was bottom 5 in pass protection. We had no weapons in the pass game except DT and Sanders (who missed so many games).    We couldn’t cover TE & RB.  We couldn’t rush the passer with anyone but Von.   And we were 31st in ST play by DVOA.   So bad OL, bad weapons on O, a clear coverage weakness and no support for Von on D.  And pretty much league-worst ST.  Bad in all 3 areas of the game (run D and WR coverage were great but that’s about it). 

There’s nowhere to go but up but anyone who thinks we win the AFCW last year with a better QB alone is kidding themselves. We were a bad team all around.   Long term we don’t go anywhere without better QB play but we earned that 2017 bottom 5 tag. 

And he didn't even note the coaching

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

Don't ask me how I even ended up in this thread but it's weird to me that the Texans are last and yet had a worse draft pick than the Colts lol tiebreakers are weird 

Draft tiebreaks work by strength of schedule whereas tiebreaks within division use head to head, division records etc 

1 minute ago, paul-mac said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

Don't ask me how I even ended up in this thread but it's weird to me that the Texans are last and yet had a worse draft pick than the Colts lol tiebreakers are weird 

Draft tiebreaks work by strength of schedule whereas tiebreaks within division use head to head, division records etc

For sure, I understand how it works, but it's just silly that the Texans are "last" but still have to pick after the Colts. I guess it's pretty rare that two teams from the same division are that bad in one year

Archived