P4P Trade: Chiefs Dadi Nicolas for Browns Randall Telfer

Chiefer

Wow, didn't see THAT coming at all!

Guess I'm sentimental, but I figured all along that Randall Telfer would be allowed to finish out his career in Cleveland, after all he's meant to the team (his number of catches skyrocketed from 2 in 2016 to a career-high of 3 this past year!), AND to the community (he heads up Boo2Bullying, advocating the Passive Resistance philosophy which the Browns embody so well on the playing field!)

Face it, men- it's a cold, hard business, the NFL is. No room for sentiment, loyalty, you name it, in pro football!

Selfer of Randall Telfer:

Image result for Randall Telfer

Still! Seems like maaaaaybe the Browns got pretty good value in return for Telfer, in Dadi L'hommmme Nicolas"the Haitian Sensation". Makes me wonder how he ever fell all the way to the Chiefs in the sixth round!

"During May of that year Nicolas was arrested in relation to a bike stolen from the campus dining hall and charged with felony second-degree grand larceny and was indefinitely suspended from the team.[5] He was reinstated to the team on August 30 of that year after the charges were reduced to misdemeanor petty larceny, to which Nicolas plead not guilty."

Be that as it may (mere boyish high-jinks, you ask me), Dadi's physical attributes and on the field performance apparently offset any little ol' felony charge:

"Nicolas was projected by NFL.com and CBS Sports as a mid to late round pick.[1] Lance Zierlein of NFL.com commented that he had quick pass rush moves that can catch slower players off guard. He also complimented his athletic ability and burst to make up ground when chasing ball carriers. However, he was concerned by his lack of strength and size, noting he would probably not continue on the defensive line in the NFL.[1] He also noted he tended to avoid contact, and that he had poor instincts covering the run.[1] Dane Brugler and Rob Rang of CBS Sports also commented on his athleticism and speed, and also commented he was a good special teams player. However, they also noted he did not have the strength and did not believe him to be a point of attack player. They projected him to be an outside linebacker in a 4–3 scheme as opposed to a defensive end.["

Bruce Smith/ Lawrence Taylor comparisons to not do him justice!

Woah, Baby!!

Image result for Dadi Nicolas

Off of NFL.com lol  "A proposed Cleveland-Kansas City trade has been nixed. The swap, which sent Browns tight end Randall Telfer to Kansas City in exchange for linebacker Dadi Nicolas, is no bueno. Both players are currently on waivers."

3 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

Off of NFL.com lol  "A proposed Cleveland-Kansas City trade has been nixed. The swap, which sent Browns tight end Randall Telfer to Kansas City in exchange for linebacker Dadi Nicolas, is no bueno. Both players are currently on waivers."

For the sake of the other 30 teams, I presume.

29 minutes ago, stallyns said:

Colts claimed Telfer off waivers on Monday and announced today he failed a physical and promptly placed him back on waivers 

Hot potato!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2018 at 7:05 PM, stallyns said:

Colts claimed Telfer off waivers on Monday and announced today he failed a physical and promptly placed him back on waivers 

Is this confirmation that Randall Telfer is indeed a real player? Sure, you could fool 2 teams but not 3, right? 

Archived