Redskins Make National Headlines

The whole NFL cheerleader story is baffling to me.  I found it surprising how little they get paid, and honestly I question what they even get out of being cheerleaders?  I guess they get access to people they otherwise wouldn't meet if they are trying to make contacts for modeling or other such things, but most of them work in regular jobs other than being cheerleaders so I don't get it.  

*Woz sees topic name*
*without reading a thing, Woz 
instinctively goes ...

Michaelscottfacepalm1.gif

(the facepalm for the stupidity, the crying for the moderation he's going to have to do)

Just now, Slateman said:

So you took attractive women to a foreign country, took away their passports, and then made them perform services for you.

That is human trafficking. 

While I don't disagree, going down this path is going to lead to trouble.

Mr. Teel, 52, was a longtime Redskins suite holder and a local businessman with close ties to the team. He lent cornerback Carlos Rogers $125,000 in 2009, and later sued Mr. Rogers to get the money back.

In an otherwise sad article, this was hilarious to me for some reason.

This is the kind of thing that not only gets Bruce fired, but the FBI and NFL involved. This could be Lil Danny’s Gene Sterling, Marge Schott moment where he’s lucky he’s not sharing a cell with a 400 pound Bubba and may lose his team. 

these accusations are very very serious.

8 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

This is the kind of thing that not only gets Bruce fired, but the FBI and NFL involved. This could be Lil Danny’s Gene Sterling, Marge Schott moment where he’s lucky he’s not sharing a cell with a 400 pound Bubba and may lose his team. 

Yep, so serious it took 5 years for them to surface. 

Just now, Doc Draper said:

While I love the wild dream, only if it is shown that sex was actually involved and (it was demanded as a requirement for continued employment or money was transferred). Otherwise it's just another stain on the team's reputation under Snyder.

14 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Yep, so serious it took 5 years for them to surface. 

The women were forced to sign NDAs and the ones who would be most likely to speak up would also have been the ones who were most visibly upset during this, and therefore, the ones most easily cut from the squad and ostracized with no future prospects in their careers as cheerleaders or models.

Given 5 years not only have they had time to leave the team and build up their careers outside of the NFL, and had time to make it harder for them to be punished in any way, but the me too movement and things like Bill Cosby have happened and made it easier for women to be believed and less likely for women to be attacked for calling out accusers, even though it still happens.

If you honestly think this didn't happen and is being completely made up you are blind.

At best, if the women were fully willing, this was still completely inappropriate for an employer to ask or allow their employees to do, and is essentially some kind of sick pseudo prostitution scheme for people who buy suites at the stadiums.

At worst it is human trafficking.

Dan Snyder should absolutely be forced to sell the team if Richardson was.

From a cnbc article

"Richardson's announcement comes after a Sports Illustrated report Sunday that cited unnamed sources who said Richardson made sexually suggestive comments to women and on at least one occasion directed a racial slur at an African-American Panthers scout. The report states that the settlements came with non-disclosure requirements forbidding the parties from discussing the details."

This is far worse than making sexually suggestive comments to women, even female employees, and calling using a slur to an employee imo, and it will look far worse to the NFL, and again, that's even in the best case scenario where the public just finds out that the Redskins basically host nude photoshoots for their top customers and some even get dates from the cheerleaders afterword.

Also I'ma steal this post off someone from Reddit cause I think it's important to the topic even though it's anecdotal.

"

Stephanie Jojokian is a terrible person. I attended the Cowboys @ Redskins game last year. It was raining and just above freezing. We were sitting in the "dream seats" at about the 30 yard line. I was bundled up in a coat and poncho and was shivering. The cheerleaders were wearing their skimpy outfits and were absolutely drenched.

All of the cheerleaders were struggling, but one in particular looked on the verge of hypothermia. Stephanie came over and stood a bit away while staring at her. Eventually during a short break she walked up and gave her what I assume was a covert *** chewing. There was zero reason for them to be out there.. especially considering how much money they make.

Here is the poor girl. The look on her face speaks volumes.https://gfycat.com/FairGaseousBass"

I've never been to the games but I'm sure some of y'all can corroborate or refute the uniforms they wear in certain weather. I know nothing about the cheerleading coach lady.

Also regardless of anything else, that woman's facial expression shows so much of why "the implication" can be a very real thing for employees or other subservient people in situations like these and others.

I used to love the world we lived in. Now there's a side where there are people that take advantage of people, there's the other side where people wait forever to come out about something because they suddenly got brave. And then there's the media who blows everything out of proportion.

If this happened it is wrong. If its partly true it's bad. If stories are twisted to make a sympathy case its pathetic. 

I just approach things like this with caution until things are proven. Too easy to jump on a bashing bandwagon. Derrius Guice just lost millions because of made up crap before draft.

Dont forget also how a lot of media and others viewed Sean Taylor before his tragic death to be in the end nothing more than horses *****.

If it's TRUE it will come out and be proven, if not it's just another story to get people worked up.

Archived