Does anybody else think Deshaun Watson is being crowned prematurely?

Bolts223

This isn't to say that I don't think he can be a great QB, I absolutely think he can be.

I just think that people are pretty much saying he is a guaranteed pro-bowl/franchise QB which is a completely ludicrous claim considering he's started a total of 6 games. That isn't to mention the concern about him fully recovering from injury.

Yes, but then again, it always happens. And what he did was very good last year, so more likely he's going to be great in the NFL, assuming he can stay healthy, but yes, it is too premature. Same as the rest of them who are amazing or busts after half a game like Goff.

I'm conflicted. I think he's getting way to much hype as a potential superstar for someone who has 6 games of action, turned the ball over like crazy and is coming off a major injury. However, the way they completely fell off without him makes me second guess myself on that.

I think he's going to be great(unfortunately as division rival) and have compared him to Steve McNair. However I've seen him ranked top 10 and in some cases top 5 in QB rankings.That is beyond premature imo.

We've got stop hailing young QBs as elite after one year and also just tossing them aside after a down year. Let these guys grow.

No! I’ve liked Watson since at Clemson. Did you not see what he did to Bama defense twice? That’s when Saban had an historic Bama defense in those years with extra time to prepare for Watson. Like Watson could’ve beaten Saban twice but the first time he just ran out of time. The second time he won.

Kaep and Jimmy G never did those things in college. People crowned them too fast. I told people to pump the breaks on Kaep and I’m telling people to pump the breaks on Jimmy G. Watson is the real deal. He showed it in college and when got his shot in the NFL we saw it. 

Archived