BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

2 hours ago, rofldogs said:
2 hours ago, MD4L said:

We only voted that people couldn't exceed the salary cap to sign players, not the roster limit.

Thus whomever is bidding needs to be aware of his rosters sub $500 cuts.

We should prolly fix this imo

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

I agree

I know i'm the new guy here but I don't agree. There's nothing stopping NFL team negotiating with FAs because they're over the 90/53 man roster limits, they just make "corresponding roster moves" to essentially replace the outgoing player with the new player. As long as the team has a "cuttable" player and they stay under their salary cap I think it should be allowed.

Edited by Hockey5djh

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

I know i'm the new guy here but I don't agree. There's nothing stopping NFL team negotiating with FAs because they're over the 90/52 man roster limits, they just make "corresponding roster moves" to essentially replace the outgoing player with the new player. As long as the team has a "cuttable" player and they stay under their salary cap I think it should be allowed.

Dis.

8 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I know i'm the new guy here but I don't agree. There's nothing stopping NFL team negotiating with FAs because they're over the 90/52 man roster limits, they just make "corresponding roster moves" to essentially replace the outgoing player with the new player. As long as the team has a "cuttable" player and they stay under their salary cap I think it should be allowed.

I think this is sort of what we agreed upon essentially last year when this came up.

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

I know i'm the new guy here but I don't agree. There's nothing stopping NFL team negotiating with FAs because they're over the 90/53 man roster limits, they just make "corresponding roster moves" to essentially replace the outgoing player with the new player. As long as the team has a "cuttable" player and they stay under their salary cap I think it should be allowed.

Always feel free to state your opinion even though you're new. The problem is that it is very hard to track whether some team has a cuttable player or not. We will talk about it in the next owner meeting.

14 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Always feel free to state your opinion even though you're new. The problem is that it is very hard to track whether some team has a cuttable player or not. We will talk about it in the next owner meeting.

Why does that need to be tracked though?  I would assume that every team has multiple "vet minimum" players that they could cut. If they sign someone putting them over the limit they then have to cut someone, super simple. If they don't want to cut any of the "vet minimum" guys they have then they can cut someone with a higher salary eat the penalty. Either way they have to cut someone to make room for the guy or they shouldn't have bid on the guy in the first place.

Also....owners meetings?

Edited by Hockey5djh

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

Why does that need to be tracked though?  I would assume that every team has multiple "vet minimum" players that they could cut. If they sign someone putting them over the limit they then have to cut someone, super simple. If they don't want to cut any of the "vet minimum" guys they have then they can cut someone with a higher salary eat the penalty. Either way they have to cut someone to make room for the guy or they shouldn't have bid on the guy in the first place.

Also....owners meetings?

Owners meetings are around midway through the offseason so we can propose new rules/things for BDL. Mostly it's just trying to fix loopholes and shutting down stupid ideas for like 2 weeks.