BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

3 hours ago, TedLavie said:

I updated the spreadsheet, Robert Woods is yours

Both spreadsheets are up to date

Okay, my Kenny Britt bid should be retracted then. It was made under the pretense that Woods was not available. 

Dingo bid me up, should be fine now.

Or wait, he's the one without cap, isn't he?

Edited by SkunkApes

7 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

I have 12 dollars in cap, Whicker you can have Mike Wallace back. 

Legitimate, serious question...

How do guys like you and Dingo bid on players without knowing exactly how much cap you'll have after every bid you make?  I mean...I know exactly how much cap I will have for every outcome of my bidding.  

I think it has to do with y'all never having had to make a budget or deal with company finances.  

Yeah, it's getting pretty bad now. I keep my own excel file to track bids.

It's not really fair that Dingo was allowed to get out of some awful deals as evident by what they went for in shark tank. Yet there's no stopping the exact same behavior. It's not fair either that the price of players is going to be inflated when they would've gone over the cap to sign them. 

Also I don't really like this new spreadsheet. You can't actually see the formulas and everything is inconsistent from page to page. I don't see what was wrong with our previous one. At least that way you could see the formulas and everything linked up. 

Edited by WFLukic

9 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Legitimate, serious question...

How do guys like you and Dingo bid on players without knowing exactly how much cap you'll have after every bid you make?  I mean...I know exactly how much cap I will have for every outcome of my bidding.  

I think it has to do with y'all never having had to make a budget or deal with company finances.  

I check my cap for every bid but sometimes I'll just forget to add a player I bidded on. As for Dingo, I have no idea what the hell he's doing...

That probably contributes but eh, I can sub 500 cut 4 players so I'm fine.

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

Can I have Davon house for 450 then? I don't think it's fair I have to pay 675 when Dingo is just bidding up players when well over the cap. 

I am not over the cap, Probably.

29 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Yeah, it's getting pretty bad now. I keep my own excel file to track bids.

It's not really fair that Dingo was allowed to get out of some awful deals as evident by what they went for in shark tank. Yet there's no stopping the exact same behavior. It's not fair either that the price of players is going to be inflated when they would've gone over the cap to sign them. 

I agree with this for the most part. But the spreadsheet error kind of forced the situation. (For those who don't remember, Due to a spreadsheet error I had an extra 15kish in cap space I shouldn't have because it wasn't counting two players or something) so thus the bids were invalid. 

All I am saying is to double and triple check.  So you would see if there was a spreadsheet error.  As if you were running a real business(it is good practice anyways).

I'm kinda neurotic about numbers, so I have my cap numbers planned out a couple years in the future, which I know isn't normal.

But if this keeps up, we will have to have some kind of penalty for it.  

8 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I'm confused. Am I leading on Wallace and Britt or not?

And I 100% agree with Rags. I can't possibly imagine making bids without knowing their exact effects on my cap space.

And here's the really annoying part.  If people continue not keeping close tabs on who they bid on and for how much(essentially basic roster management), so that it makes us go back and revise as we have to do now..we will have to implement a punishment system to ensure owners don't do it.  And the more punishments we have to implement, the less fun the league is.  And the less fun the league is, the harder it is to get new guys to join.  Which, when you have guys with time issues already, is not a good way to keep the league going.  

So please...take a little bit of time and double check.  

4 hours ago, PR said:

Can someone tell me what I'm supposed to be following for salary? Salary tab says and roster says I have 5311, shark tank says I have less

The shark tank tab includes active and won bids so you should follow that one. The rosters haven't been updated yet to include shark tank players.

Apart from the bad QB situations, this year looks like it'll be pretty competitive. There's some clear tiers that have emerged I'd say, but unlike last year a few surprise performers and injuries here and there could blow things wide open. Excited for the start of the season.