BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

Honestly I don't think I have the time or desire to do this anymore.

I tried reading through all the threads, but sifting through all the giant walls of text and trying to make up a random reason about why one team is better than the other quickly teetered into a chore.

The main appeal about this is the team-building aspect of the league, not the actual head to head matchups, and the proportion of time needed for each of the two is way out of wack.

Whoever is getting my team is going to be pretty well set up for the future, so good luck to whoever that is.

Also, the Tarik Cohen thing was because I worked for the Bears front office for 2 months, watched every practice, reviewed practice film at least twice, attended personnel meeting between scouts and coaches, and wrote reports on all the players.

Edited by rofldogs
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear this.

1.  The Bears thing is awesome.

2.  I get the time aspect.  For me, the head-to-head matchups are the culmination of that team building, so it's just as enjoyable, and in some ways more so.  But I can see how this would become a chore if you didn't view it that way.  

3.  Did you have a co-owner?  If not, we can get one of the other co-owners or try to find someone else.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Sorry you're leaving @rofldogs. It seemed pretty obvious you didn't want to be involved anymore, everyone has to move on eventually.

@Ragnarok I don't believe he has a co-owner.

Well, you and I and anyone else who wants to can mention in it game threads and such.  This is one of the reasons we moved here after all.  

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, rofldogs said:

Honestly I don't think I have the time or desire to do this anymore.

I tried reading through all the threads, but sifting through all the giant walls of text and trying to make up a random reason about why one team is better than the other quickly teetered into a chore.

The main appeal about this is the team-building aspect of the league, not the actual head to head matchups, and the proportion of time needed for each of the two is way out of wack.

This is definitely the truth. My frustration level at this league was already at an all time high before I tried to read through the headache of the Berlin/Charleston thread. At this moment I really do think I spend too much time researching and writing for this league. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

This is definitely the truth. My frustration level at this league was already at an all time high before I tried to read through the headache of the Berlin/Charleston thread. At this moment I really do think I spend too much time researching and writing for this league. 

I apologize for that.

On my end...it's because I finally have a team that can compete and make a playoff run.  So I am a bit more adamant than I have been in the past.  I'll curb that from now on.  

• Like 1