Browns are trading TE Randall Telfer to the Chiefs for LB Dadi Nicolas.

buno67

I feel like this is one of those old fantasy football trades, where we both have a player that sucks that we'll cut anyway, but for whatever reason maybe each of us could use the other guy for a random bye week as a potential reserve player that may have high upside someway/somehow.

I bet both get cut from each team.

Our only remaining guys we’ve drafted (not including Gordon).

2014- Joel Bitonio and Christian Kirksey

2015- Nate Orchard (he’s gone after first cuts) and Duke Johnson

2016- Coleman, Ogbah, Nassib, Coleman, Schobert, Louis, Kindred, Devalve, Drango, Higgins

2017- Everybody, but Kizer

We suck at drafting.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We also suck at continuity and organizational stability.

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Our only remaining guys we’ve drafted (not including Gordon).

2014- Joel Bitonio and Christian Kirksey

2015- Nate Orchard (he’s gone after first cuts) and Duke Johnson

2016- Coleman, Ogbah, Nassib, Coleman, Schobert, Louis, Kindred, Devalve, Drango, Higgins

2017- Everybody, but Kizer

We suck at drafting.

Some of it is the getting in 'my guys' things that GM's do. Rotating through average players at the back end of the roster. 

Also the 'my guys' thing and/or tanking has led us to not resign some very good players. so it isn't just drafting but a retention issue as well. 

Holy cow, 3 pages and counting on a trade of Telfer and Da-do-do-do-da-da-di?? Some team forums don't haven have threads this long on their 1st round draft picks from last week. Imagine this place if we actually start winning games - webby is going to need a bigger server!!

4 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Holy cow, 3 pages and counting on a trade of Telfer and Da-do-do-do-da-da-di?? Some team forums don't haven have threads this long on their 1st round draft picks from last week. Imagine this place if we actually start winning games - webby is going to need a bigger server!!

Yeah, if we start winning 90% of the Steelers fans of the last 25 years would magically become Browns fans and the number of users in here would increase by 30% at least.

22 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Some of it is the getting in 'my guys' things that GM's do. Rotating through average players at the back end of the roster. 

Also the 'my guys' thing and/or tanking has led us to not resign some very good players. so it isn't just drafting but a retention issue as well. 

There are not very many competent players from those drafts that have been let go.  The reality is we really have sucked at drafting.

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Umm, Cam Erving.

Such a sad point made.  He can barely touch the field in KC and they did not pick up his 5th year.  I will admit though, I am shocked that the Pats did not pick up the 5th year for Shelton.

I think this trade is basically, well we the Browns are pretty much set with our depth at TE, Telfer is expendable.  We have a bit less depth at the bottom of our LB/DE depth chart and want more competition there.  The Cheifs were opposite, so the trade made sense for both to get a new body into the position group in exchange for a sure cut.

25 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Such a sad point made.  He can barely touch the field in KC and they did not pick up his 5th year.  I will admit though, I am shocked that the Pats did not pick up the 5th year for Shelton.

Ray farmer.

i agree about Shelton. 

I would say we have a retention and a drafting problem. We miss too much in the 1st round and then the better than jag players aren’t kept.

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Ray farmer.

i agree about Shelton. 

I would say we have a retention and a drafting problem. We miss too much in the 1st round and then the better than jag players aren’t kept.

If Dorsey does not break that pattern it won’t be for lack of trying.  He brought in some major talent in trades, brought in some good value players in free agency, took the consensus top QB and CB in the draft, and brought in some solid prospects throughout the rest of the draft including a calculated risk in round 4.

Not to mention completely rebuilding our management team, and adding possibly the best OC in the game.

If we go 0 and 16 in the coming season I think that we can be comfortable in the assertion that the curse is real!

29 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

If Dorsey does not break that pattern it won’t be for lack of trying.  He brought in some major talent in trades, brought in some good value players in free agency, took the consensus top QB and CB in the draft, and brought in some solid prospects throughout the rest of the draft including a calculated risk in round 4.

Not to mention completely rebuilding our management team, and adding possibly the best OC in the game.

If we go 0 and 16 in the coming season I think that we can be comfortable in the assertion that the curse is real!

If we go 0-16 someone should just turn the franchise off.

21 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We also suck at continuity and organizational stability.

I think its more this than sucking at drafting.

You think of the guys we had but don't have anymore, here's just a few that left our team to become starters elsewhere around the league...

Mitchell Schwartz

Alex Mack

Taylor Gabriel

Travis Benjamin

Deon Lewis

Tashaun Gibson

Willie Snead

Demario Davis

Terrell Pryor

Xavier Cooper

Jordan Poyer

Johnson Bademosi

Jabaal Sheard

Danny Shelton

Jason McCourty

Benjamin Watson

Joe Haden

Barkevious Mingo

K'Waun Williams

We don't suck at drafting, we suck at keeping players who are worth something....

Archived