2019 Draft Talk

swede700

43 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That's certainly possible, but my prediction is that they'd go with the most experienced player on the right side.  Either way, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a moot point, because unless the Vikings take Lindstrom at 18 (which is what MMQB has predicted), I don't think he's lasting until #50.  

I think it works for any guard potentially taken at 18 though, so this doesn't have to be exclusive to Lindstrom. You want your best one at RG, typically. 

I'd rather go with the better player at RG than the more experienced player. What good is experience if you're ranked just as bad as Mike Remmers.

I've been torn at 18 between Lindstrom, Bradbury and Ford.  I think Ford and Lindstrom are RG studs, with Lindstrom having played those guys from Clemson every year . . . he's got all the measurables, really the optimum next to Andre' Dillard.  Plus, he appears to have the intangibles ya like for tough O-linemen.  Ford's more beastly, but not as fast or quick, so I'm not sure if that hinders him in a zone blocking scheme where he has to get out and downfield some.  As for Bradbury, what's not to like?  

I just don't know the Vikes NEED him at center.  Elflein's going to bounce back from the injury and mentally he should be fine.  Then again, if the Vikes draft Bradbury, there may be a lot more to the story.  

As for Lindstrom being available in Rd 2, well, let's just say I was shocked when Kiper mocked him to the Packers at 12.  Based on his combine and Senior Bowl, I don't see him lasting until even pick 35, much less 50.

1 hour ago, Heavydan85 said:

I requested thursday-sunday off over 2 months ago...i have been excited since we got eliminated from the playoffs

Haha that's awesome. I have to work till 5 (Pacific time) both days so I'll be booking it home

6 hours ago, Heavydan85 said:

I requested thursday-sunday off over 2 months ago...i have been excited since we got eliminated from the playoffs

Haha, I’m the opposite. I put in to work on Saturday. That way I’ll be the only one at work, put the draft on my phone, and not be bothered by the wife, kid, or dogs. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, KeithVikings28 said:

I'm thinking Garrett Bradbury round 1 and Chris Lindstrom round 2.

The likelihood that they take two interior players in the first two rounds is highly unlikely... it's unlikely they take two offensive lineman with their first two picks in general.

i'm hoping one of the top tackles falls to us (jonah williams, andre dillard), otherwise i would be happy with either garrett bradbury or chris lidstrom. not sure cody ford fits the bill for us but any of the first four i mentioned would be good.

Bradbury has been my favorite for quite some time now...and will likely be the Rd 1 selection in my one mock (ala the former NFLN's Mike Mayock) that I'll probably put up either later today or tomorrow (still working on finalizing it).  I agree that Lindstrom will likely not be there at #50, but there's always a chance...

Edited by swede700

2 hours ago, RpMc said:

The likelihood that they take two interior players in the first two rounds is highly unlikely... it's unlikely they take two offensive lineman with their first two picks in general.

Might be unlikely but I think it's a near necessity given the current state of the OL.

By pick 18, there just doesn't seem to be an excuse to not come away with a quality OL. One of Dillard, Williams, Lindstrom, Bradbury or Ford should be there. That would be unbelievable to see all gone by 18 and each player has a legit case as a top 20 selection.