2019 Draft Talk

swede700

10 hours ago, Counselor said:

Ok Friends I had the Vikings again in a mock (with three other teams, 8gm mock)

I traded down from 18 to 32 for pick 64 (lost a little on the pick chart but wanted to add another pick)

I took Lindstrom at 32

I then traded 50 and 64 to Seattle who had 40 and 84. (Perfect 670 for 670 value)

I also have my Broncos and would have taken Erik McCoy at 41 so I jumped myself to take Erik McCoy for the Vikings 

1.32- Chris Lindstrom

2.40- Erik McCoy

and all of the rest of the original Vikings picks

Getting Lindstrom and McCoy is probably as good as any combo likely with picks 18 and 50, plus adding a third rounder equals a job well done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

He and Cousins are made for each other!

I'm all in on Jonah Williams to the Vikes! I think he's a legit LT at the next level ala Joe Thomas. Short arms be darned!! Get him in the first and maybe Dexter Lawrence(My personal favorite DT in the draft) in the 2nd and I'd be happy. Or we pickup Lindstrum or Jenkins in the 2nd to double dip on OL in the top 100 picks would make me so so happy! I'd almost move up 2-3 spots to try and jump the giants and the panthers to get Williams.

• Like 1

Took a break from doing mocks on First Pick (FP) and TDN, did one just now on FP and couldn't be more thrilled with how it turned out so I had to share it.

1.26: Garrett Bradbury, C, NC State (Traded 1.18 for 1.26 and 2.2, to good of a trade to pass up)

2.6: Chris Lindstrom, OG, Boston College (Traded 2.2 for 2.5 and 3.31, traded 2.5 for 2.6 and 3.5, again to good of deals to pass up)

2.18: Jerry Tillery, 3T, Notre Dame (Great value at position of need)

3.5: Kelvin Harmon, WR, NC State (Ideal option for #3 WR)

3.17: Yodny Cajuste, OT, West Virginia (Great value, can challenge Reiff for LT spot in 2019)

3.31: Dawson Knox, TE, Ole Miss (Love his athleticism, can sit and learn ropes in 2019, hopefully take over for Rudy in 2020)

4.18: Jachai Polite, DE, Florida (Could fall given his combine, worth the risk as a situational pass rusher here)

6.17: Devine Ozigbo, RB, Nebraska (Probably gone before this but would be a nice replacement for Murray)

6.36: Stanley Morgan Jr., WR, Nebraska (Probably gone here but great value as a #4 WR)

7.33: Mark Fields, CB, Clemson (Probably gone but great value here)

7.36: Phil Haynes, OG, Wake Forest (Developmental OG prospect)

Fairly realistic up until about round 6 I'd say. I'd love it if we could pull off a draft day trade like that with the Colts, highly unlikely value wise.

2019 OL: Reiff-Elf-Bradbury-Lindstrom-O'Neill

2020 OL: Cajuste-Elf-Bradbury-Lindstrom-O'Neill

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

Took a break from doing mocks on First Pick (FP) and TDN, did one just now on FP and couldn't be more thrilled with how it turned out so I had to share it.

1.26: Garrett Bradbury, C, NC State (Traded 1.18 for 1.26 and 2.2, to good of a trade to pass up)

2.6: Chris Lindstrom, OG, Boston College (Traded 2.2 for 2.5 and 3.31, traded 2.5 for 2.6 and 3.5, again to good of deals to pass up)

2.18: Jerry Tillery, 3T, Notre Dame (Great value at position of need)

3.5: Kelvin Harmon, WR, NC State (Ideal option for #3 WR)

3.17: Yodny Cajuste, OT, West Virginia (Great value, can challenge Reiff for LT spot in 2019)

3.31: Dawson Knox, TE, Ole Miss (Love his athleticism, can sit and learn ropes in 2019, hopefully take over for Rudy in 2020)

4.18: Jachai Polite, DE, Florida (Could fall given his combine, worth the risk as a situational pass rusher here)

6.17: Devine Ozigbo, RB, Nebraska (Probably gone before this but would be a nice replacement for Murray)

6.36: Stanley Morgan Jr., WR, Nebraska (Probably gone here but great value as a #4 WR)

7.33: Mark Fields, CB, Clemson (Probably gone but great value here)

7.36: Phil Haynes, OG, Wake Forest (Developmental OG prospect)

Fairly realistic up until about round 6 I'd say. I'd love it if we could pull off a draft day trade like that with the Colts, highly unlikely value wise.

2019 OL: Reiff-Elf-Bradbury-Lindstrom-O'Neill

2020 OL: Cajuste-Elf-Bradbury-Lindstrom-O'Neill

I don't know much about trade values but that seems like awfully high value for little trade backs.

Otherwise I think it'd be a dream scenario

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

Agreed 100%, one of my main gripes with the first pick draft simulator.

Agreed.   Also seem to have some rankings off, I've often been able to get my choice of Hockensen or Fant in the 2nd.  However, I think TDN's mock simulator freezes up constantly 

Probably my best TDN mock so far.  I would be on cloud 9 if it turned out like this

18 Jonah Williams, OT

50 Chris Lindstrom, IOL

81 JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR

120 Josh Oliver , TE

190 Armon Watts , IDL

209 Mike Weber , RB

247 Ryan Finley, QB

250 Josiah Tauaefa, LB

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Probably my best TDN mock so far.  I would be on cloud 9 if it turned out like this

18 Jonah Williams, OT

50 Chris Lindstrom, IOL

81 JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR

120 Josh Oliver , TE

190 Armon Watts , IDL

209 Mike Weber , RB

247 Ryan Finley, QB

250 Josiah Tauaefa, LB

That would be a great draft and set the Vikings up for years!

1 hour ago, NoDakViking said:

Agreed.   Also seem to have some rankings off, I've often been able to get my choice of Hockensen or Fant in the 2nd.  However, I think TDN's mock simulator freezes up constantly 

First pick seems to have updated their rankings a bit. They’re both gone in round 1 now. 

Im not saying im fully on board with Bradbury at #18 but im warming up to the idea some more. Ive been against it for a while, but im starting to warm up to it. 

BUT... Id still take Williams, Taylor, Dillard, Ford, Wilkins, Sweat, Burns, Gary, Hockenson & Risner over him there. If all those guys are gone, give me Bradbury.

2 hours ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

Mel gave us Rashan Gary for the mock draft on ESPN right now. Taylor, Lindstrom and Williams were gone for O-Line prior to our pick.

Id be happy with Gary at 18 based off his talent, but i am concerned about his bust potential. Not sure if he would be better suited  at 3 tech or edge in this defense. 

On 4/17/2019 at 10:36 PM, byuvike88 said:

Ideally it would be nice to pick up another third. But if they can't I think a move tight end, and a third receiver are more pressing that a lineman who will be back up. I think a 1/2 round lineman and a 4th round lineman would be a solid start. 

I dont see tight end as a need whatsoever til next offseason.  If one of the top 3 falls to us in the second i might, otherwise give me a potential long term lt. 

44 minutes ago, Heavydan85 said:

I dont see tight end as a need whatsoever til next offseason.  If one of the top 3 falls to us in the second i might, otherwise give me a potential long term lt. 

Just curious as to why you don't think it's a need? Rudolph and Morgan are both in the last year of their deals and Conklin is nothing special. While I definitely see them re upping Morgan, the lack of an extension that would lower this years cap number with Rudy makes me think they will be willing to part ways with him next year unless he take a very team friendly deal. 

Rookie tight ends don't typically have a huge impact on year one but can be a nice compliment. if you are asking a rookie next year to come in an be Tight end 1, you'll probably be disappointed. And this class is pretty deep at tight end. Also Darren Wolfson has reported multiple times that he believes the Vikings will have a new tight end by the end of round 3 on Friday night. 

• Like 1