2019 Draft Talk

swede700

Quick Question for those in the know:

How do you rate the following OL prospects? What round do you predict they will come off the board?

I'm curious to know the difference/separation of these guys. I have read about some differences, position flexibility, and NFL positional preference, but I'm not sure which player(s) fit the Vikings best. Thank you in advance.

Jawaan Taylor

Jonah Williams

Andre Dillard

Cody Ford

Garrett Bradbury

Chris Lindstrom

Dalton Risner

Eric McCoy

Greg Little

Kaleb Mcgery

1 hour ago, marshpit23 said:

Quick Question for those in the know:

How do you rate the following OL prospects? What round do you predict they will come off the board?

I'm curious to know the difference/separation of these guys. I have read about some differences, position flexibility, and NFL positional preference, but I'm not sure which player(s) fit the Vikings best. Thank you in advance.

Jawaan Taylor

Jonah Williams

Andre Dillard

Cody Ford

Garrett Bradbury

Chris Lindstrom

Dalton Risner

Eric McCoy

Greg Little

Kaleb Mcgery

I am expecting and hoping Taylor and Dillard are off the board. 

Jonah Williams would be my top pick and hope he might slip to 18. 

Bradbury is the OL I think has the best shot to be a Viking followed by Lindstrom. 

From what I have heard the team like Dillard, Williams, Bradbury, and Lindstrom. Fords athletic scores make it unlikely he would be the pick at 18. 

Risner is likely somewhere between 18 and 50, but closer to 18. McCoy somewhere in that range as well. 

McGary and Little would be passes for me at 50. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

I disagree that Cousins is the reason for this. His cap hit, while precedent setting, is pretty much the standard for a veteran franchise QB contract. Whether or not he's a franchise QB is sort of irrelevant for this discussion. The Vikings have paid a lot of really good players that they developed at or just under market value which has started to catch up with them (Smith, Hunter, Griffen, Kendricks, Barr, Rhodes, Diggs, Theilen). At any rate, they are stuck with Cousins, and in order to make this thing work now, they have to protect him. Getting rid of the best or second best OL on a bad line isn't making anything better. Especially not to increase depth elsewhere. 

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  You trade your 2nd best lineman because he will bring value...hopefully.  Again, I would hope that a player for player trade would bring an equal value "starter" or quality depth.  I'm thinking that the Vikings will get two starting linemen out of the draft.  Hopefully, those would be guards or center and guard.  I would then bring in a stop gap LT with a more than capable LG to help.  It might be just a fantasy...but hey, this is my fantasy!!

One night before the draft, and i still believe the pick will be OL. I think the top 3 OT's will be gone, Oliver will be gone, and Hock could be gone.

Right now my gut feeling is (depending on who's available of course) the Vikings pick will be Dalton Risner or Garrett Bradbury. 

One interesting thought is if Rashan Gary does indeed slip as anticipated, does MIN consider him? My best guess is yes. 

19 hours ago, swede700 said:

I know that you may not want to move him for less than that, but the reality is that draft picks (and the cheap cost that comes with them) are a valued commodity, even moreso than the player that they would be traded for.  Therefore, any existing player is going to get traded for a lesser pick than what their true value should be...hence all the discussion surrounding Josh Rosen being traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.  Since he's only been in the league a year and is still so young, he should still be worth a 1st, but he's not.  The same is true for Waynes.  His trade value is probably no more than a 2nd round pick because of the cost associated with him and the valued commodity that is the draft pick.    

Rosen isn't worth a first because the team is devaluing him by making him a backup and therefore less useful to the team.  He is also coming off one of the worst years by a starting qb last year. Waynes is still the presumed starter for another year and was above average last year. This is an awful comparison.  He's more along the lines of amari cooper imo than rosen as far as.trade commodity. 

Edited by Heavydan85

14 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

In the last 24 hours, as everyone posts their final mock draft, the consensus appears to be that the Vikings will draft Garrett Bradbury. 

So, don’t get your hopes up lol

At this point that's my guy, then get howard...being a former tight end will seem a requirement lol