2019 Draft Talk

swede700

12 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Christian Wilkins, please.  

Absolutely not!  I think that Wilkins is a talented player and all, but I just can’t get behind my team bringing in a player who blatently molests other players during games.  There’s just no place for this and he would be an embarrassment to our team.

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Honestly, I’d take any of the Clemson DL. Wilkins, Ferrell, and Bryant probably would have been top 50 picks this year had they entered the draft. 

I think Dexter Lawrence is the best player on that line.  He’s 6’4” and 340 lbs so he’ll likely play NT in the NFL, but he’s dominant in both the run and pass games.  I think he’s probably even better than Vita Vea this year and can also bring that Haloti Ngata type of impact.

I know we’ll have more of a need at UT, but I think he could play next to Linval Joseph in our defense  since they both handle double teams like they’re nothing and get very good push up the middle.  No one would’ve able to run against us up the middle.

Any of the Clemson DL are definitely interesting. if we're drafting where I hope we're drafting, I'd be a bit surprised if any of Wilkins, Bryant, or Ferrell fell to us. They theoretically should all be gone before pick 32.

Just now, rpmwr19 said:

Will we have need of an UT? If Richardson performs as expected, he'd have to be a priority re-sign.

I think more players are going to go the Cousins route and sign their next deals through the end of the current CBA, then wait to see how things play out. If a player of the caliber of one of the Clemson UTs falls in your lap you'd not only get a talent player, but also hedge against Richardson walking away. 

An interior offensive lineman that has Hall of Fame potential and is a day one starter!  Why?  Because Remmers, Idisora and Easton are not the answer.

OG is certainly something to consider, but before saying Remmers, Idisora, Easton aren't the answer, maybe let's see what happens this year. However, even if they are solid, I wouldn't be opposed to an upgrade at the OG position.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

An interior offensive lineman that has Hall of Fame potential and is a day one starter!  Why?  Because Remmers, Idisora and Easton are not the answer.

That's asking quite a bit because there have only been 2 HOFers at guard that have played in the entire NFL in the last 20 years (Larry Allen, Bruce Matthews).

Edited by disaacs
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, disaacs said:

That's asking quite a bit because there have only been 2 HOFers at guard that have played in the entire NFL in the last 20 years (Larry Allen, Bruce Matthews).

Only because there is such a log jam of people getting voted in.  Hutchinson and Faneca will for sure get in and there are others in the league still.

4 hours ago, disaacs said:

Hutch?