2019 Draft Talk

swede700

20 minutes ago, Boda said:

Is Risner who you want or what you think?

I think if the draft played out like I have it Risner would be a decent pickup for the Vikings but is a little bit of a reach being that high but is a huge need for the Vikings.  Ideally they would get Greg Little, Jonah Williams or Jawaan Taylor.  Realistically I would love to get Jawaan Taylor but even he is a little bit of a project, again in free agency whatever money we are currently paying Remmers can him and give it to Trenton Brown but might need more to do that.  

There are a lot of good value guards in the 2nd round potentially so they could instead get a DT if they are around or an athletic TE and I would be fine with that as well.  The OG group is solid and guys like Risner, Ivey could easily end up being tackles or players like McGovern, Pierschbacher or Jordan could play center or guard potentially.  Hell Risner even played center in college also but I think he is best as a guard.  Would not mind McCoy as a center in the 3rd round and move Elflein to guard maybe.  Alex Bars could be a great value also, he is a great guard but injury this season might knock him down a little then you have the solid Wisconsin guards as well who would be of good value 2nd or 3rd round.  

Dalton Risner Kansas State RS
Martez Ivey Florida
Nate Herbig Stanford OG JR 
Connor McGovern Penn State JR
Alex Bars Notre Dame
Beau Benzschawel Wisconsin RS
Ross Pierschbacher Alabama RS
Dru Samia Oklahoma
Michael Dieter Wisconsin RS
Erik McCoy Texas A&M RS JR
Yosuah Nijman Virgina Tech
Terronne Prescod NC State
Michael Jordan Ohio State JR
Chris Brown USC RS
Zack Bailey South Carolina
Ben Powers Oklahoma
Patrick Vahe Texas
Garrett Brumfield LSU
Donnell Stanley South Carolina RS
Bunchy Stallings Kentucky RS
Abdul Beecham Kansas State
George Asafo-Adjei Kentucky
Brandon Fanaika Stanford RS
Lukayus McNeil Louisville
Lester Cotton Alabama
Javon Patterson Ole Miss
Jerald Foster Nebraska RS
Nick Linder Indiana RS
Chasz Wright Penn State RS

16 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

If Little falls and we take him, do we swing Reiff for a pick or trade him for a Guard?

I agree we should totally take Little if he falls.  As for Reiff would anyone even want him?   Not been wildly impressed with him to be honest and I doubt other teams would want to trade to get him.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 5:47 AM, SemperFeist said:

I’m sorry, but this makes no sense. Can you elaborate?

I don't bother anymore.

Its the most typical thing ever. If the team loses,  then "its the QBs fault!"

Been there. Done that. He doesn't improve our team much if at all. We need help on the lines. Getting a big time player at that position should get us back to the playoffs.

56 minutes ago, whitehops said:

if you believe in his talent, you gotta take kyler murray if he falls to 18.

If you use the term "talent" in a very broad sense to include all the skills it takes to be an elite NFL QB then I would agree with this. Personally, I am not sold enough to say that I really believe he has all that though. It will be interesting to see what kind of job his agent does selling it. Without being 100% sure that he won't flip back to baseball there is no way I would consider him anywhere in the first round though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Brumfield is one guy who is not nearly talked about enough. 

Maybe, but against Alabama this year he looked awful, so honestly that took him back a notch for me.  Sure it was just one game but cannot say he has been this dominant force his entire career either.